New Beginnings

I know this part took hella long i still have no clue on a ending so I'm breaking it up ✨️ ANYWAYS YOU MAY CONTINUE ON
-----------------------------------------------------

Silence

A rather peaceful silence was the only sound in the room along with occasional beeps on the monitor. Chishiya squinted his eyes, slowly opening and adjusting at the newly found lighting. After coming to the realization of being upon a hospital bed he sighed to himself. Chishiya's memory was vaguely dim however it felt as if he was missing something and he wasn't exactly sure what.

" Looks like you had a pretty fucked up life too huh?"

Chishiya turned his head to see Niragi laying in another bed next to him. With one eye completely bandaged up while the rest of his body was under the sheets. He seemed completely functional apart from half his face being covered in a band aid with visible burns and bruses from the exposed areas. Chishiya decided to entertain the conversation with Niragi anyways, although he had no real memory of that being his name.

Chishiya " I wasn't the best person towards others. And the choices I've made. Pretty sure I'm going to be turning my life around or something like that."

Chishiya relaxed more into the pillow on his bed staring ahead at nothing in particular while Niragi bitterly chuckle filled his ears.

Niragi:" Your full of shit too "

Shortly after the interaction a nurse entered the room pushing Niragi's hospital bed away leaving Chishiya alone with his previous thoughts. He was obviously alive and as well as he could be so why did he feel this sense of unsecurity? Surly he's been in hospitals before having worked in them but maybe it was throwing him off to actually be a patient in need himself?

Chishiya's thoughts were temporarily interrupted once again at the new sound of female voices outside the room. He turned his head to see two figures talking in front of the curtain covered window. One of there shadows looking oddly familiar. The other person left before the familar shadowy figure to enter into the room. Chishiya watched your figure walk around the bed instantly observing the monitor.

You:" Its good to see you fully awake now. How are you feeling Mr Shuntaro?"

You glanced at him before going back to unpack some medicine at the little counter by the bed. Chishiya's eyes never left you as he examined every feature you had. Having you in the room brought him a sense of comfort yet confusion.

How can someone feel foreign and familiar at the same time?

Chishiya was quickly accepting the fact that he didn't have all the answers so for the moment he decided to embrace the oddly comforting and familar energy that your company provided.

Chishiya: "you look familiar "

You haulted your movements to look down at him looking up at you. Tilting your head slightly smiling in amusement

You: "Well you did see my face before you went to sleep earilier. Is that what you ment?"

Chishiya pondered over your words, eyes still never leaving yours

Chishiya:" Not exactly what I had in mind"

You:" Hm"

That also feels oddly familiar
Is that her way of thinking?

You pulled out a liquefied needle slowly pushing the medicine inside the little tube connected to his wrist. You tried to focus on your work with a straight face even though the actions of the blonde in front of you made that quite a challenge.

Chishiya:" You know your really pretty"

Pausing from your actions once again gave Chishiya enough time to read your body language. Instead of showing a sign of annoyance to his delight you laughed and returned him another sweet smile

You:" Am I really? Or is that just the medicine talking?"

Chishiya:" Maybe both"

You:" cute"

You glanced down smiling shyly as you gently removed the needle from the connected tube. After writing down the required details in his chart book you began packing away your things. Chishiya's eyes scanned your every move to the way you breathed so delicately to the way you tenderly cared for your patients including everything else around you. Even though he was trained to do the same it always came harder for him to feel a certain level of empathy that you seem to acquire so easily.
It made him feel even more drawn to you even though he was seriously questioning the sudden shift in thoughts and hormones.

You:" Alright I think your okay now. I'll leave you to rest and I'll be back to check on you in another hour"

You failed to notice the way his eyes softed the little unintentionally pout on his lips at the news you were leaving. Gently you gripped the clipboard in your hands about to walk around the hospital to leave until you felt a little tug on your shirt. You stopped looking down to see his hand holding on to your shirt while looking at you

Chishiya:" Maybe when I get better I could take you somewhere?"

You tilted your head and furrowed your eyebrows a bit contemplating on the comment

You:" Somewhere? Like a date?"

well shit
Did he want a date?

This time you noticed the sudden change in his body language. The way his body tensed at the mention of the word date. Sure he's familiar with what a date is yet going on one was completely different. Let alone going with someone you actually may have acquired feelings for.

If this was the borderlands it would be easier to justify a no, saying he wasn't aware how much time either of you had to really enjoy each other so the chances would have been far too slim. Since that no longer seems to be the case he pondered if that was what he wanted to do. For some reason he couldn't explain why he was so attached to you and he strongly felt not seeing how far this could go would haunt him for quite a while. So witb the answer being made up in his mind he let out a little smirk before reconnecting his eyes with your confused ones.

Chishiya :" Yes"

You scanned his face looking for any kind of reason to feel he wasn't being genuine. Although you didn't find anything, the idea made your heart flutter. You didn't exactly have the best past when it came to a love life causing you to loose a large amount of trust in people. Yet apart of you were still in a love sick girl era, hoping that maybe one day someone would actually appreciate all that you had to offer. The more you looked at Chishiya the more you smiled warmly to yourself. It couldn't hurt to try again right?

You:"Ask me that again in a hour to make sure it's not the drowsiness talking then I might say yes"

You gave a playful wink before exiting the room this time not falling deaf to the chuckle you left behind you. For the first time in his life Chishiya found himself genuinely smiling more to the clouded feeling in his stomach that you gave him. He relaxed his posture to doze off slowly until it was time for ypur presence to return.