2. Midnight Talks

"So, where would you like to go?" He asks me. I hold my hand out to him, waiting to see if he would take it. He took my hand as I appeared in my favorite place on Midgard. The night was dark and only lit by the thousands of twinkling stars in the sky. The grass was a tall, beautiful green as it swished in the night wind brushing against our legs. There was a beautiful river slowly going downstream, creating a clear babbling sound. There was only one tree in the whole field right next to the river. "This is my favorite spot; I always come here when I'm upset. I think it's just an aesthetic place." I smile at him as I pull him closer to the water. We stopped just in front of it to see our reflection and all the stars reflecting in the water. "You're the only truly aesthetic thing here." He smiles softly. I couldn't help but blush as I felt a smile spread across my face as I look down. I felt his fingers under my chin, slowly lifting my head to look at him. "I mean it." He breathed softly as he stared into my eyes. "You know for the devil you are pretty sweet." I smile up at him. "Only for you, doll." He replies. I pull him to the tree sitting down at its base, waiting for him to sit down next to me. He chuckled at me as he saw me smile and pat the spot next to me. He slowly walked over before plopping down next to me, nudging my shoulder with his. "So blondie, tell me about yourself."

"What do you want to know?"

"Everything." He breaths softly.

"Well, I'm the goddess of love, beauty, fertility, war, wealth, divination, and magic. I love mead and wine. I like to come here and stare at the stars, listen to the river and watch fireflies fly around. I have a wild boar as a pet His name is Hildisvíni. I love to dance and sing and just have fun. I am divorced because my husband kept cheating on me, so I don't trust very easily. He put me through so much pain I cried tears of blood. I just keep the focus on my work to keep going every day." As I pick the grass nervously, I've never been so open to someone before. "Well, he's a dumbass; you must be stupid to cheat on the most beautiful woman. In a way, I'm somewhat glad he did because now I might have a chance. I would never let anyone hurt you or ever think of cheating on you." He turns to me, saying softly.

"Well, I appreciate. The Devil himself promising not to sin and treat me right." I laugh at him as I lean on his shoulder, staring at the stars. "What about you? Tell me about you." I look up at him.

"Well, hello, my name is Lucifer." He smiles down at me jokingly. "Hi, Lucifer." I smile back at him, and we both chuckle. "Well, my father is God, he wasn't a perfect father he put me through so much shit, and I was cast down from heaven. I have been filled with so much anger from it all I've decided to destroy his precious creation so he would pay attention to us again and not only worry about his stupid little humans. You know, I don't want to be evil and lonely. I guess all I ever wanted was to be loved and have someone to love me for who I am. I'm pretty faithful and only seek out justice. When someone crosses me or hurts the people I care about, it will be the last thing they do. In heaven, we are soldiers. We are told what to do and can't do anything other than that. I hated the humans being able to choose what they can do and have a family and find love. It's forbidden for an angel to fall for a human or have a child with them. That's what I like about you; you aren't human, so loophole." He chuckles nervously. "When I saw you that day singing while you work, I knew I had to talk to you. I just felt like you were different, and you were you weren't scared of me and challenged me. Just like you, I don't open up very easily, but with you, I just feel like I've known you forever and can tell you anything." He lays his head on mine as I felt him slowly grab my hand holding it in his.

"Lucifer, you are such a softy with a good heart. You've just been hurt too much and treated poorly. I understand why you act out and want to do your own thing; I would do the same. They are stupid if they can't see what they have done to you." I rub my thumb on his hand. "If you ever tell anyone about what I said, I swear I will..." he starts.