11. The Mark

**Freyja's pov**

I open my eyes slowly, seeing the light shine through the window, lighting up the room; it was late afternoon from the looks of it. My body was stiff from my long slumber; I haven't slept in days due to trouble in my kingdom and fights with Lucifer. I turn to my side, expecting to see Lucifer smiling gently at me like he does every morning, but I was alone. I hate waking up alone not seeing him next to me. I let out a sigh as I get out of the empty bed, getting ready for what's left of the day. Lucifer has been acting off recently, and I can't explain it. He's so dark and evil, not just because he's the devil, but this is something more significant. He has never acted this way around me; he was always so gentle, sweet, caring, and protective of me. Now, he just seems angry and bloodthirsty. I go over to our window, looking over the rolling lushes green hills to see Lucifer walking over one of the mountains to our castle. He was covered in blood from head to toe as if he went on a killing spree. He snapped his fingers, changing into clean clothes, taking off all the blood from his skin. He's hiding something from me, and I don't like being left in the dark. He sat on the hill, looking at the view trying to calm himself down before coming inside. I walk around the room, cleaning the burnt flowers and take down all the ones I had put up. I grab my sunflowers, which he gave me, that I put around the room, throwing them in a pile on the cold stone floor. I make a flame in the palm of my hand, ready to burn my flowers before I was interrupted. "What are you doing?" Lucifer's deep voice asked from behind me. I turn to him to see the sadness in his eyes as he realized I was about to burn the flowers he gave me. "Getting rid of the flowers." I turn around, throwing my flame on the pile, hearing a snap of fingers, to see it didn't catch. "Why are you burning my flowers?"

"Because you don't like all the flowers I put around our home." I retort in a huff.

"Baby." He sighed exasperated, pinching the bridge of his nose before walking over to me. "My sunflower, I lost my temper, and I didn't mean to take it out on your flowers. It was better than taking it out on you." He came over, taking my hand in his, bring it up to his lips. He let go of my hand, digging In his pocket pulling out a small wrapped present. "I was going to give this to you later but here." He sighed, holding it out to me.

I took the box, gently undoing the twine bow on top, letting it fall to the floor. I take the lid off to see a beautiful gold necklace in the shape of a sunflower. I couldn't help but smile as I took it in my hands. "It gets better." He smiles, holding his hand out for the necklace. I gently put it in his hands, waiting to see what he was going to do next. He opens the back of the necklace, showing me the inside of it. There was a painting of us sitting in each other's arms underneath our tree we use to meet at. "There's more." He closes his hand around the necklace, projecting light appear on the wall showing images of us together. When we met, dancing in the field, me fighting in battle, becoming queen of hell, and our first time making love. "Those are my favorite memories with you." He mumbles softly as his blue eyes stare into mine. "Freyja, I love you with all my heart. I never want to hurt you again; I'm haunted from seeing you like that, knowing I'm the cause of your pain. Please forgive me?"

"I forgive you, my Prince of Darkness." I smile up at him. "But first, you have to put this necklace on me." I lift my hair turning around, waiting for him to put it around my neck. I heard the soft shuffle of his feet before I felt him put the necklace around me. I felt his warm lips gently kiss my neck, sending chills down my spine. I suppress any sound, trying to escape my lips by focusing on my breathing. His hands slowly slid down to my waist, pulling me against him as he continued to place soft kisses on my neck. A small moan escaped my mouth as I felt him smile in victory against my skin. I knew he was in the mood, and I couldn't deny he was making me crazy. I turn around, quickly smashing my lips to his as he groaned in shock before kissing me back. I start to unbutton his shirt as I deepened the kiss; his kiss was hungry and full of passion. I get his shirt off and stare at his muscled chest, a view I will never grow tired of seeing. He picked me up, throwing me on the bed before climbing on top of me. His hands traveled up and down my body as his kiss was rough. The next thing I knew, my clothes were off, and I was in the nude. I dig my hands into his toned chest, bringing him closer to me.
The sound of his heavy breathing sent chills all over my skin. He went up to my ear, sucking on it and grazing it, making me shiver in pleasure. A small moan escaped my mouth once more after a failed attempt to silence it. I grab his ruffled blonde hair, making him look at me before I press my lips on his. He pulled back, taking his pants off with haste, not wanting to waste any more time. He got back on the bed, tossing my leg to the side roughly before slamming into me. I let out a yelp from the pain as I dig my nails into his back. "Ow! LUCIFER!" I scream.