9. Battle

I walk down the hall with my brothers and father as the time has come to make our move. 'Freyja, I love you.' I think to her one last time before this battle. I just wish she isn't sleeping and will hear me. To my surprise, I hear her respond. 'I love you, Lucifer, be safe.' Her sweet voice rang through my head. Her Scandinavian accent was so cute and is as soft as summer rain.

'I will.' I think back quickly before I had to cut the connection. We all stood in a circle staring at each other like a bunch of dumbasses. "Alright, let's do this." Dad clapped his hands before rubbing them together eagerly.

We land in a clear green field as the woods were behind me. Everyone hid out of sight, leaving me to stand alone in the open. The sky was a beautiful blue with a few clouds; the wind blew gently, cooling me down, the clearing had short grass that barely went to the ankle. I heard someone appear behind me, standing perfectly still. "Lucifer." Her voice called out to me. I turn around with a smug grin. "Hi, auntie." I mock her. She wore a long black dress with a long v-neck, her brown curled hair blew in the breeze, her cheekbones were sharp with a round point on top, her lips were full as they were blood red. "What are you doing here?" She asked me as she began to circle. "You left your soulmate." She looks around for Freyja.

"Yes, I'm here about her. You see, I killed the shifter you sent after Freyja. That pissed me off, especially the spell you put on her. You tried to hurt my girl just to get to me; that's not acceptable. I want to know why you tried to kill her and why didn't you come and talk to me? You had to go after her and hurt my girl!" the anger starts to build up, but I kept my cool for the sake of the mission. I knew I was in a dangerous spot, and I couldn't blow it.

"I didn't trust you; I thought you and my brother were trying to kill me. I wanted to hit you where it hurt most. I tried to kill her several times, but she can not be killed that easily; thought it would be best to see if she had any information." She admits as her face showed no emotion.

"No one is trying to kill you! You would have known that if you talked to me instead of harming my girl! What have I done to you? I've been by your side this whole time, and you go behind my back and betray me." I say truthfully, trying to make her feel bad.

"You're right; I should have talked to you. I'm not sorry for trying to kill your pagan." Everyone hates her because she's a pagan goddess, they don't even know her, and they already hate her because she's different. Well, I understand I wasn't too fond of the pagans and thought they were disgusting.

"What has she done to you?" I question her. Freyja hasn't done anything to even be on Amara's list.

"She was created by humans and tried to protect them. She goes against everything I'm trying to do. You had stopped killing humans and destroying words with me when you met her. You were supposed to kill all the humans and destroy that area, but you saw her, and she ruined everything. You've become soft nephew all because of her." She stared at me, trying to make me angry I knew she was trying to get under my skin.

"Don't underestimate me; I have not become weak. I will destroy worlds with you again, just not this one. This is her home, and I don't want to make her upset. Just please don't do this." I try to reason with her.

"Too late, I've already made up my mind you are either with me or against me." She gave me two choices.

"I'm with you, just let me tell Freyja to leave earth." I hold my hands up, wanting her to wait one minute.

"Very well." She falls into the trap. 'Freyja, leave earth right now. Go home and get to a safe place.' I think to her calmly.

'Lucifer? Is everything okay?' Her thoughts sounded worried and frightened.