10. Reunited

I fly to Freyja's house, storming through the dark woods, trying to find her. "Freyja?" I call her loudly. I felt the anger start to rise through my body, making me shake. I finally found her, after twenty minutes, in the field talking to some guy before hugging him. What is she doing? Is she cheating on me? "Don't worry; we will find your wife." She tells him. She's trying to comfort her people, but I don't want anyone to touch her. I stay in the woods as I watch her every move. She watched the man walk away and turned around, looking for me feeling my presence. "Lucifer?" She called me as she continued to search. I step out from the trees, letting her see me. "Luci!" She ran over to me, landing in my arms. "Hello, my Queen." I hug her back, feeling her warmth. I must admit I have missed her terribly and haven't stopped thinking about her.

"Oh, I'm so glad you are okay." She nuzzled her face into my chest, deepening the hug. I place my cheek on the top of her head, just reminiscing our little moment.

"Yeah, I'm fine; let's go home. I can't wait to see what you've done to the house." I say softly as I stare into her emerald eyes. She gently grabs my hand, and we go to the castle in Ireland, landing in the bedroom. I saw all of the decorations she put up, making it a little homier. "Looks nice, a lot less damp and dark." I walk around with my arms crossed, looking at everything.

"Yeah, I wanted to make it nice for us if we move in here." She admitted as her accent stood out.

"IF? I thought we both already agreed we were moving in here?" I question with a snap of my head and glare at her. I take deep breaths, trying to calm myself down, holding the mark, not wanting to lose control.

"I didn't know if you were coming back." She confesses as she looks up into my eyes. Her face was so sweet and so innocent I couldn't help but calm down.

"Well, I made it back, just like I said." I look out the window staring at the green rolling hills. I can never get tired of this view. "Make me a promise, Freyja, whatever happens, and we get separated from each other or whatever we will meet here." I make her promise to me as I turn around to her starring her in her green soothing eyes. Her blonde hair flowed down to her back, surrounding her face. Her brow started to scrunch up as she scanned my face with worry. "Lucifer, what is going on?"

"Nothing, my love, I just want us to have a plan." I gently rub her arms. I didn't want to worry her about my arm's mark and what it is doing to me. I know she will freak out and make it a bigger deal than it already is, resulting in me losing my temper.

"Okay, I promise we will meet here." She smiles a gorgeous white smile with a twinkle in her eyes.

"Let's enjoy being here. I need to relax after the battle." I sat down in my rocking chair, closing my eyes as I rock back and forth.

"So I killed two demons while you were gone." She informs me, trying to make conversation.

"What did they do?" I mumble tiredly.

"They tried to kill me; of course, it wasn't going to work. I had angels all around. I'm surprised you didn't go to hell yet and let them know you are still alive."

"I'll do it tomorrow; right now, I just want to relax and spend time with you." I sigh at her constant talking.

"Alright, sounds good. So how did you lock her away? Did she hurt you?"

"Freyja, NOT NOW IM TRYING TO REST, AND YOU ARE JUST BLABBERING AWAY!" I open my eyes and scream at her. She stood frozen as her heart began to race, frightened of me. I knew instantly I made a mistake by the look on her face. "Freyja, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you. It's been a long day, and I'm in pain." I try to cover my ass. "Come here, my love." I hold my hands out to her. She came over, sitting in my lap, curling up to me as I wrap my arms around her. "I'm sorry, tomorrow I will give you all of my attention. I don't want to scare you or hurt you." I rub her back as I continue to rock in the chair.