3. Battle

One month later

Lucifer and I have met at the end of each day in my favorite spot under the tree. We just sit and talk enjoying our time together. One night he surprised me and decorated it with sunflowers with music playing and we danced all night long having the best night. He told me we could not meet tonight because he had business to take care of. He never told me what kind of business but I didn't press the issue since I was busy myself. I walk down my meadow in Folksvang, watching my Valkyrie warriors train, and get ready for today. We have the battle to attend to a dispute between Odin and some earthly matters. He had someone steal something dear to him and must be solved by war. I get into my armor, standing in the mirror looking at my reflection. I wore chainmail with my leather on my waist, my fur cloak flowing behind me, my dagger attached to my front, metal wrist braces, my sword, golden spear, and my helmet resting on my head that covers the whole top half of my face. I walk out to my Valkyrie to see them prepared for battle. "Today, we ride into battle to help out Odin; he has asked for us personally because he knows we can't be stopped. We hold the high title of fierce warriors! Today we will show why we are the best! We will not give in or show mercy!! They will feel our wrath and learn not to mess with us!! If today you die in battle, it will not be in vain and not for nothing. I will see you again, my sisters. I will collect your soul and bring you home to stay becoming part of the mighty warriors. We shall not fall and kill those in our path until every last person is slain! You are strong, fierce, powerful, and very skilled warriors!! Now let's go show them who we are!!" I try to motivate them. They cheered and screamed a battle cry, ready for a new battle. We meet Odin and his men on an open field in Scandinavia, waiting for this battle to begin. I was in the back with Odin and the other gods looking over our thousands of warriors prepared for battle. I look over to see on the other side of the field; people started to appear out of thin air lining up in ranks. I saw a few men holding leashes to invisible creatures. Their numbers were smaller than ours, but I knew they had tricks up their sleeves. This wasn't going to be a fair fight. I saw them start running forward towards us as I heard our loud horn going off, signaling for us to attack. I heard the battle cries of thousands of warriors ready for this fight. My Valkyrie road into battle on their mighty steads flying above the enemy's head's cutting them off with a swing of their blades. I watch as Thor threw lighting at the back of their ranks, sending them flying through the air. I saw my warriors start falling, getting attacked by the invisible beast slashing and gashing them to pieces. I couldn't let my sisters fight alone while I stand back and watch. I left the gods' ranks, joining the battle as they yelled for me to get back. I ignore them and fight, defending my girls, dropping many bodies to the ground. Every time I stabbed them, a light inside of them would flash through their body as they died. I look at them, confused as to what they were. I see Lagatha fighting fiercely but didn't see the man sneak up on her. I threw my spear through his head, sending him to the floor. Lagatha turned to look at the body on the ground then looked over to me. "Thank you, my Queen." She smiled before going back to fighting. I grab my spear looking around to see many warriors fighting this one woman who used powers and would kill them violently. I go over not wanting her to kill any more of our people. I send her flying and slam against the ground with a loud thud. "Ughhh, who did that!?!" She got up, brushing her dark hair out of her face as her lip twisted up in a snarl. I didn't say anything, but I brought a fire around her, hoping to burn her to death. She walked through the fire unphased. I send a sword flying at her stabbing her in the back before she yanked it out. I conjure up lighting striking her, but that too was ineffective just pissed her off. She finally spotted me running over to me, trying to strike me down but could not. I fought with her with all of my power, able to knock her down. I go for the kill but watch as a few of my warriors turned to dust as they were trying to attack a man who was standing in the shadows in the back, walking around careless of the battle going on before him. I was knocked down on my back by a force when I was distracted. I roll out of the way as she lifted a bolder, trying to smash me with it. I was too slow rolling out one time, and she smashed my leg. I felt the pain instantly shoot through my leg. "AHHH!" I scream from the pain as I rolled away once more. "ABADDON STOP!!" I heard a man yell. She froze, looking back at the man confused. "Let me finish her!" While she was talking, I took control of the bolder, smashing her with it. The giant stone lifted, breaking into many small pieces. "YOU BITCH!!" She screamed, pointing her hand out to me, and I felt myself get lifted while an invisible force was against my throat, letting no room for air to come in. It was uncomfortable but wasn't threatening to me, for I can not die from not breathing. It's just irritating. "STOP!!" He yelled again. That's when I saw him. He was covered in blood, making his sandy blonde hair a shade of red as it dropped down the side of his face. His hands were clenched in fists as his arm bulged, showing off his strong arms. His face was scrunched up in anger as he snarled in a fury. He held up his hand, sending her flying, causing me to drop to the ground with a rough thud. He came over to me, still pissed off. I scooted back from him as I grabbed my dagger, getting ready to throw it. "You gonna kill me, dear?"  He chuckles loudly.