17. Locked Up

I walk through the white halls of heaven, hearing angels mumble amongst each other as they carry on their orders. Father summoned me here, insisting I come. I make it to the conference room to see my brothers sitting at the table waiting for me to arrive. "Nice of you to show." Raphael huffs. I took my seat, waiting for what this was all about. "I had to take care of an issue." I glare at him.

"Oh yes, trying to comfort your whore of a wife. You are such a cuck, Lucifer." Michael joins in. I stand up quickly, making my chair fall back behind me as I send him flying across the room in a flash. "THOSE ARE RUMORS!! SHE HAS BEEN WITH ME, AND I CAN SEE IN HER MIND!" I scream, letting all of my anger out. I felt myself get pushed back into my seat, identical to Michael. "Lucifer, I know what you've done. How dare you go back in time and pass on your mark and corrupt humanity! Humans are beautiful." Father defends his worthless creations.

"Humans are cockroaches! You love those abominations more than us! They are weak and pathetic, with evil inside of them. All I did was show you their flaws. You are so blinded with love you don't see how corrupt they are!" I tell him the truth.

"Enough!! You will not cause any more harm to them or corrupt them! I thought you could change Lucifer when you met Freyja, but I was wrong!" Father yelled at me as he slammed his fist on the table. My brothers started reaching for their angel blades except for Gabe. I quickly fly out of there but see I was brought back. They all tried to take me down, but Michael was the one to deliver the final blow.

I woke up in a giant metal cage dangling in a storming void. My body ached as my head throbbed. I tried to fly out, but everything was useless, so I laid back down on the cold metal floor.

******
Freyja's pov

"Lucifer?" I think, panicked. "Lucifer, where are you?" He hasn't been home in hours which is very unusual. I quickly fly to our spot, seeing he hasn't been there. "Gabe! Please help me find Lucifer, please!" I pray to him. I searched for three days trying to find my husband with no luck. My heart was hurting, thinking of only the worst. "My love, please come back." I land on my knees, silently sobbing. It's been six days, and he still hasn't come home. I walk through the grass of our spot before going to our tree. I see Jötnar leaning against the tree smiling at me. "Aweeee, I hear your husband left you all alone and unprotected." He sneers at me.

"No, he didn't." I lie to him.

"Funny, that's not what I heard. I heard it from your mouth. You want him to come back."

"Leave me alone." I cast fire around him. The fire suddenly went out as three more gods stepped out of the shadows. "I say kill her now." Hoenir smiles maliciously.

"You're right." I tried to flee, but they surrounded me, pinning me to the ground. I send a giant blast knocking them all off of me before running away. I fought them with all of my power, getting the upper hand until Jötnar popped in front of me, smiling. "Hi." He smiles evilly as he throws something at me. I felt my skin start to boil and sizzle. "AHHHHHH!!" I scream in agony as I try to back up, stumbling to the ground. "Lucifer, if you're listening, I need you. Please come help me." I quickly pray to him. "Luci, help me." He showered me in more cinnamon, covering my entire body. "AHHHHHHH UGHHHHAHHHH." I wither on the floor as my skin was being burned. "Kill her now."

"We can't kill her; we can only torture her. Lucifer is the only one who can truly kill her." Jötnar explains. They placed chains on me, cutting off my powers as they hung me from the tree. "Lucifer...my love, help me, please." I pray weakly. "I'm dying..." They tortured me for six days. At the end of the sixth day, I was begging for death. I wanted this to be over and quit with all this excruciating pain. My skin was falling off as blood covered me from head to toe. Jötnar came over, slicing my skin with a blade covered in cinnamon, making my blood boil. "AHHHHHHHHH!!!" I shriek, projecting my voice throughout the cosmos. "FREYJA!!" I heard Lucifer screaming in my head as he panicked. "Help me," I beg him. I soon passed out from all the pain.