16. Mark Of Cain

***Six months later**

I walk the dark earth watching the evil hairless apes carry on with their lives. I need to get rid of this mark, and I will carry on with my life with my soulmate. I open a rip in reality, going back in time to give it away. Humans have already corrupted creations, but my father is so prideful he didn't notice. I walk through to a man sitting on a hill glaring at another man laughing and smiling. I could sense the jealousy and anger in the man on the mountain. He wanted the happy man to die and pay for what he had done. "Disgusting, isn't it?" I ask him with my arms crossed as I stare at the happy man. "You should be the most loved and the favorite. What has that asshole done?"

"Nothing." He grits his teeth as the anger starts to build.

"I know a way to get revenge. I know you want to kill him; I can feel it. I can give you something with the power to complete your task. This will give you extra abilities as well to become stronger and faster than any man. Also, I can give you a job, so you don't have to stay here. How would you like to be in charge of my armies?" I smile, trying to give him options.

"What is the price?" He looked up at me as he considered my offer.

"All you have to do is wear this mark." I push my sleeve up, showing him the mark my father gave me. He looked at it, then tilted his head to the side. "All I have to do is be branded?" He questions at the simple request.

"Yes, that's it. If you don't want it, then I'll find someone else suited for the job. Someone else who wants power and authority. I could give it to that kid down there." I go to walk away, knowing he would agree.

"No, wait!" He ran over to me, placing his hand on my shoulder. "I'll do it!" He agreed just as I knew he would. I turn around, smirking as I tilt my head to the side. "Are you sure this is what you want?"

"Yes, I'll do it." He agrees one more time. I grabbed his wrist as he grabbed mine, locking on. I transferred the mark to him, watching his veins turn a fiery red as the mark traveled. The key was then on his arm, permanently leaving me for good. I felt a wave of relief wash over me as I was free from the curse. Now, I am free to be with my wife and not be worried about hurting her or breaking her heart.

"Now, go carry out your plan, general." I pat his shoulder, sending him on his way. He turned and started walking towards a donkey with malicious intent. "What was your name again?" I call out to him.

"Cain." He turned around, telling me.

"Go get 'em, Cain." I cheered him on before he walked away and killed the donkey. Well didn't see that one coming; I thought he was going to kill his brother. I watched as he made a weapon from the donkey's jaw, attaching it to a handle. Oh, he's going to kill his brother with that weapon, haha, jackass. A few hours later, he murdered his brother as the mark glowed a burning red, becoming attached to the weapon. "Now, let's go; you have an army to command." I place my hand on his shoulder, bringing him to hell. I walk around, giving him the run down, letting everyone know he is in charge and will run things while I am gone. I saw my past self walking down the hall in an angry huff. I haven't met Freyja yet and was just cast out of heaven. I leave a note for myself.

Dear past me,

I have come back from the future, bringing you a gift. You see, daddy locked auntie Amara away and gave us a mark that was the lock and key to her cell. I have recently given it to Cain, and he will run the armies down here and do a fantastic job. I must get back to my time and see my wife. Yeah, that's right, we get married to a pagan called Freyja. She is the best thing that has ever happened to us. She is your soulmate and one hell of a warrior. On May 1536 at 1200, go to a battle and wait for her to come. You won't be sorry for meeting her. I must rule the world, and I'll catch you on the flip.
Xoxo future you," I write in Enochian and hand it to Cain.