6. Impostor

*Two months later*

I appear at our favorite spot seeing the wind gently blowing the tall grass. I walk over to that old oak seeing Lucifer sitting on the ground leaning against the tree with his elbows on his bended knees fiddling with the grass in his hands. "Lucifer, you okay?" I ask him softly, noticing his change in demeanor.

"I'm fine." He sighs, exasperated. I could tell something was bothering him. He never acts like this. I sat next to him, taking his hand in mine, bringing it to my lips, kissing it, feeling a shock sensation come over me. "You can tell me," I say softly.

"Freyja, I leave in two days. Dad met with me and told me what we are doing. It's dangerous, and I don't know if I'll make it out alive." He looked down at the ground in defeat. "I know two days is all I have left with you. I'm not going to sugar coat it and give you false hope. I know I'm going to die, especially with what we are going up against."

"Lucifer, you are a mighty archangel and the cockiest person I know. You are already hanging your head in defeat; it is not like you; you never back down from a challenge, nor do you accept defeat before the battle has even begun. What's gotten into you?" I stare at him as he refused to make eye contact with me.

"Freyja, you know what we were up against, you understand. I just can't give you false hope, and you have to live with that for eons. I should give it to you straight then to lie to you. I will fight my hardest because now I have something to live for. What we are up against is one of the most powerful beings in all of creation; you already know that you...know what is about to happen." He turns to look at me with a sigh; the pain in his eyes was unmistakable.

"What are you talking about? You haven't told me anything. I don't know what you are about to do. You've kept me in the dark this whole time. Lucifer, are you feeling okay?" I ask, confused as I study his blank expression. "My love, no matter what you are up against, I know you'll come back home to me. You must; I can not bear to think of the day I must carry on without you." I admit as I try to give him hope.

"You don't know the plan?" He looked at me, confused with his brow raised.

"No, you've never told me the plan." I tilt my head to the side.

"Could have sworn I did. Well, anyway, I'm leaving you. Don't try to contact me or fix things. Things will never work out with us, no matter what. Better yet, how about I just kill you now." He tilts his head maliciously, smiling. His hands were at my neck, squeezing tightly with the intent of killing me. I grab onto his hand, trying to rip it off my neck, but he held on tighter making my neck pop. "FREYJA!?!" I heard Lucifer shout to my left. I glance over to see the real Lucifer standing there, shocked at the scene before him. There was an ample bright light shining on him, showing the shadow of his wings in the grass. "Let go of her NOW!!" He yelled. He snapped his fingers, making me go behind him, falling to the ground gasping for air. "YOU MADE A MISTAKE PUTTING YOUR HANDS ON HER!!" He growls as he raised his hand, making the fake Lucifer go in the air choking just like I did. "WHO SENT YOU!?!"

"No one!" He choked out.

"LIES WHO SENT YOU!?!" He clenched his hand, making him wither in pain. The screams were too much I had to cover my ears, not able to look at him. I know he is a fake, but it still hurt to watch the pain on his face and in his screams."FREYJA, HELP ME!! HE'S NOT THE REAL ME!" He screamed. "GIVE IT UP, SHAPESHIFTER! SHE KNOWS YOU ARE A FAKE!" Lucifer yelled at his poor attempt.

"AHHHHHH!!" He screeched as his face turned purple. "I'LL ASK ONE LAST TIME WHO SENT YOU!?!"

"SHE DID!!" As soon as he spoke, he was dropped to the ground. Lucifer snapped his fingers, making the imposter explode sending chunks every where. He breathed in and out deeply as his hands were still in fists. His muscles were visible through his shirt as he continued to flex from his anger. "Lucifer?" I ask quietly, still confused as to what happened. He ran his hands through his sandy hair, sighing before turning around to look at me. "Are you okay?" He tried his best to keep calm.