18. New Life

****Centries later****

"RUN!!" Tracy yells at her husband while running for their lives, Being chased by vampires after a hunt gone wrong, missing two members of their party already. Adrenaline was pumping, and hearts were racing, feet thudded across the Forrest floor. The couple came across a cave that was covered by hanging vines hiding the entrance. "In here." Tom pulls his wife's hand, tugging her into the cave. The vampires tried to follow but stopped at the entrance, starring down at the couple. "I say let's get them." The young vampire growls as he goes to step forward but gets held back by his coven. "We can't; magic protects this entrance; you'll turn to dust if you cross." The leader comes forward with his fangs bared. "Whatever is in there is extremely powerful. I'd be more concerned with that." He chuckles a deep malicious laugh.

"I say screw that! Let's suck them dry." The youngest slipped from everyone's grasp charging at the entrance turning to dust. Tom and Tracy back up in horror before turning to go deeper inside. "Maybe we should turn back." Tracy whispers as she holds on to her husband's arm. "Oh yes, and let those vampires feast on us."

"Maybe he was right; whatever is in here could be way worse than five vamps."

"We will only find out." Tom continues on the dark cave pulling out his flashlight to light their path. They walked the cave until coming to a wooden door. They looked at each other suspicious of a random door at the end of a cave. Tom reached out, grabbing the metal handle of the door Slowly opening it. To their surprise, it led down a hall with many sigils covering the wall and ground. "I don't like this," Tracy informs Tom as he continues down the aisle. They soon saw the light towards the end, slowly going closer until they reached the clearing. They were amazed at what they walked across. Green grass covered the ground with flowers of every kind all around, a light shining down in the middle of the room. A woman lay on a slab in the center as the light shined down on her. She had long golden blonde hair, smooth ivory skin, Viking clothes from a time long forgotten, a sword in her hands, and eyes shut as if in slumber. "Who is that?" Tracy whispers.

"I don't know; she must have been pretty important with all the wardings and flowers all around her." Tom answers as he takes a step closer to her. There was a bright light off to the left where a man stood looking at the couple that stumbled into the secret chamber.

"Humans, what are two humans doing in here?" He asks them as he slowly walks over to them.

"We were running from vampires and took shelter in here." Tom steps in front of his wife, protecting her from this man that suddenly appeared.

"Hunters, I see. What do you two want with her?" He asks as he stares down the couple reading their minds. He noticed they were no threat to Freyja, so he relaxed, giving them a slight smirk. "Nothing, we don't even know who she is." Tracy explains truthfully.

"I see you two have wanted a child for some time but unable to conceive. I can give you a child but at a price." He tells them as he looks over at Freyja.

"Are you a demon?" Tom asks with a scrunched-up face.

"No, I'm Gabriel, the archangel. You see that woman on the table is my sister-in-law. She is the pagan goddess Freyja, goddess of magic, love, and war. Unfortunately, her people turned against her after someone started a terrible rumor. Her husband is...well, not here. She has been in hiding for eons in a deep slumber. Her memories are erased for her safety. If she still had her memories, she would go and rescue her husband, and we don't need that." He explains as he looks at her with pain in his heart.

"Her husband? Who is her husband?" Tom asks.

"It's best if you don't know." He tells Tom. Tracy knew exactly who her husband was; he was the devil. Gabriel nodded his head at her thoughts, confirming her theory. "I don't want
Her to stay asleep for all of eternity. I can turn her into a child, and you two can raise her as your own."