23. Night Moves

Harley was upstairs trying to figure out what people wear to the movies when her mom came through the door. "I can't believe you, making me look like a monster as I try to protect you. You know you can't leave with all the demons and monsters after you, and you still try to go out."

"Mom, I'll be fine! I can't stay here cooped up for the rest of my life because the world is dangerous. I have Dean with me, and I'm sure no monster will be at the movies. Can't you just let me be a normal girl for once? I'm twenty-six years old, and I've been stuck here my entire life. I haven't even had a boyfriend, my first kiss, or a chance to really live. I just want to be normal for once and have a good night! I'm a powerful witch, and I can handle myself and probably protect us better than Dean can." Harley whispers harshly, hoping the boys downstairs won't hear their conversation. Tracy sat on her bed with a sigh as she held her face in her hands before looking at the grown woman standing in the middle of the room.

"I just want to protect you. Ever since that day with the demon that came to the property and almost took you away from me...I couldn't bare to let you out of my sight. It's my job as a mother to protect you from all the evil in this world. I guess I was a little too protective and should have let you out of the house more." She sighs as she looks at her hands back up to her daughter. "Go, have fun tonight, and if anything happens, come straight back here. You know home is the safest place."

"Thanks, mom." Harley went over and hugged her mother with a smile on her face. "Now, what does one wear to the movies?"

"Let's see what you have." She gets up and goes to the closet and looks at her clothes, and picks a lovely red sundress. "Here, this will be perfect." She holds it up with a smile on her thin lips. Harley waved her hand, and the dress instantly appeared on her body.

"Now sit down, and I'll do your hair." Tracy smiles as she goes to the vanity and picks up the brush waiting for her daughter. Harley smiled as she went over and sat down in the chair, looking in the mirror. "Sometimes I forget you're a grown woman, and when I look at you, I see my little girl. The same girl that would run around making her toy airplane fly as she chased after it. The little girl that loves to pop out of nowhere and gives us a heart attack." Tracy chuckles as she reminisces. "Now you're a woman. Where has the time gone?"

"Gone in a blink of an eye." Harley chuckles as she watches her mother brush her hair.

"Well, since this is your first date, there are a few things we must discuss." Her mom started, and Harley scoffed. "Oh, mom, please tell me you're not giving me the birds and bees talk."

"All I'm saying is don't."

"Mom, nothing is going to happen. Dean is my friend, and we are just going to the movies." Harley rolls her eyes before meeting her mother's blue eyes, looking down at her.

"There." She smiles as she puts her hands on Harley's shoulders, happy with the result. They got up, and Harley waved her hand, putting on a nice pair of flat white vans. The two walked down the stairs to see the boys sitting on the couch watching the game. They all turned their heads, watching the women come down the stairs. Dean smiled at Harley as he got up and went over to her and looked her up and down. "You look stunning."

"Thank you." She blushed as she looked down at the floor before looking up at him.

"You ready to go?" He asks.

"Yes." She replies eagerly before looking at her parents and John, who are all watching. Dean gently takes her hand, and they walk to the door, wanting to escape before anyone changes their mind quickly. They made it out to the impala as Dean opened the passenger door for her. Harley got in and smiled up at him, thanking him silently before placing her buckle on. Dean shut the door before walking around and getting in the driver's seat. He put the key in the ignition, hearing it roar to life, before pulling out of the driveway. "I can't believe I'm actually getting out of the house." She bounced in the seat as she looked at Dean, smiling ear to ear.