5: Is This It?

Nao took a deep breath. Today was the day. He had put on his old uniform, grabbed the suggested workout clothes, brought a bottle of water and finally reached the school of his dreams. 

For the entrance exam at least. 

There were so many other kids Nao had started to get nervous. He scampered through the halls trying to take up as little space as possible, which wasn't hard considering he had barely gained any weight. Well, he was in the healthy range but that was still a disappointment for the wannabe hero who really wanted muscles. 

The meeting spot seemed normal enough. It was a classroom with a large projector at the front that was buzzing with other students. The anticipation was palpable, along with the pressure. As kids from the same schools made awkward and hushed conversation Nao slid into a place in the middle next to a kid who's hair fluff rivaled his own but in a different colour. He looked more nervous than Nao which somehow the boy found reassuring. The lights dimmed and a loud voice rang through as the door slammed open. 

"Hello, what's up!"  The voice hero, Present Mic, shouted. All the examinees stiffened and stayed silent. Nao tried desperately to pretend he hadn't come home from getting his stitches out to find the hero next to his foster parent on the couch watching a movie. Nope, it never happened. "Lets get pumped up for this entrance exam! Let me explain." 

'The explanation didn't even explain the half of it' Nao thought as they reached the battlegrounds. This 10 minute mock battle would decide Nao's future and he wasn't quite sure he was ready just yet. The green haired boy seemed to think the same although the trembling Nao wasn't in the right mind to make friends. His brain could barely focus on breathing and not using his quirk. 

There was some sort of conversation going on between the blue haired guy who asked all the questions and the nervous green haired boy and it didn't take long for people to notice. "He's the one who tripped outside!" 

"The guy who winced at being called out!" "At least we have one less rival to worry about right?". Nao cringed and tried to bite back the part of him that wanted to say 'oh no, you've got two people out of the running!' or 'maybe I should take the pressure off green boy and just sit this one out'. 

"Are you taking this entrance exam just to mess with everyone who is here seriously?" The blue haired guy asked. Nao's eyes widened. Well that was a bit harsh. 

"Okay, Start!" Present Mic's voice came over the loud speaker. Everyone stopped to look up at the tower. It didn't matter what else he said, Nao had been anxious about that word since the moment he got here and had shot off like a rocket out of pure anxiety. 

'What do I? What do I do? What do I do?!' He thought anxiously, the sweater he was wearing already slipping down to rest on his shoulders. Okay, maybe he should have asked for his own instead of telling Aizawa his would be fine. There was too much of a size difference, hell even the green haired boy was taller than him! 

He didn't have any more time to antagonize himself as a two pointer rounded the corner at him. Nao definitely didn't squeak. That never happened. "Target acquired. Prepare to go down!" The metallic robot said as it charged at him. Without any time to think Nao held a hand out and focused on the robots body and-bubbled! Nao cheered on the inside as the bubble quickly crushed the robot. 

'This might actually work!' He internally cheered as he ran around bubbling anything he saw. Nao had worried a lot about being able to use his newer move in the entrance exam. After all, no matter how long he tried to hold it in place, any bubble that wasn't attached to his body became the size of a melon in 12 seconds! He could make it go faster, but that was the max. After seeing what happened to Aizawa's training dummy he couldn't very well use it on people or living villains. That thing had such realistic bones.