29: Did Something Just Change?

"C'mon! You were so pretty!" Mina giggled. Nao's face went bright red as he tried to cover it with his hands. Everyone in the dance group laughed at the 'overreaction'. Except it wasn't an 'overreaction', Mina was showing everyone the worst possible pictures of him!

"Don't be like that Nakabayashi! We all did it!" Uraraka said with a wide smile. Kirishima put his hand on Nao's shoulder in solidarity.

"You know when you said you'd make me cheerlead if I lost I didn't think you meant it!" Nao protested as the pink girl showed the image to Iida. "And don't even mention that Kirishima did it too, he was only there for the lifts! And you didn't make him wear a crop top!".

To be exact the picture was of Nao cheering for Midoriya in a line of the 1-A girls in the same crop top they were all wearing. The only difference in the outfits was Nao was wearing shorts. There was a smile on the teens face but his class had to admit he looked more dead inside than they had seen since. 

"Stop teasing Nakabayashi!" Iida said, obviously not realizing his cheeks were red "We have a dance to practice! We should be stretching our ligaments not fraternizing!". Nao nodded vigorously and the rest of the dance group relented.

Mina started to lead them from one stretch to another starting with the arms and working down to the legs. The boys seemed to struggle the most, specifically Iida because of his engines but they trudged on. It wasn't until they got to straddle that she realized there was one outlier to the groaning and complaints of tearing limbs.

"Is nobody going to mention that?" Asui said, pointing right at Nao who raised his head in confusion. "Nao, you can do the splits?!" Midoriya said in surprise.

Nao smiled sheepishly. "I had to do a lot of physiotherapy after getting stabbed in middle school and I just kinda kept doing the exercises after. I just did them around the house and then one day Eri and I were playing a dance game and she saw someone do it and she asked so I-"

"You played video games with Eri?!" Midoriya asked, receiving shock after shock. Nao blushed a little. "I'm trying to get her to do normal kids stuff before she's discharged." he explained. So obviously his dad had vetoed the whole 'adopt Eri' thing and that wasn't happening. Especially since it seemed after using the puppy dog eyes to not have to leave the hero program after Kamino his dad became immune to them.

"Can we go back to the topic at hand? We have a dance to memorize!" Mina said, pulling out her phone and a speaker. The guide track Jiro had produced started playing and Mina showed them the choreography she had come up with. Everyone was floored at how good she was.

Maybe that was because their only hobbies were brooding about being a hero. Just maybe.

Nao couldn't really compete. His only other hobbies were cats and art but that wasn't really helpful. Especially after they turned down his cat café concept. But he wasn't upset about that at all. He certainly hadn't pouted to Todoroki about it.

After about 3 run-throughs where it was obvious that most of 1-A lacked rhythm the group took a short break. "Is Bakugou still refusing to drum for the band?" Shoji asked. Everyone felt like sighing.

Apparently the hot head had matured recently and hadn't taken Kaminari's bait. He hadn't spoken to anyone about it and was probably blowing off practice in favor of working out or shouting at pictures of Izuku.

"He certainly is, but we're about to change that!" Kaminari said as he ran up to the group "I have a brilliant idea!". Mina seemed excited about it so they let him explain. "What's one thing no man can resist?" he asked with a cocky smile. No one answered so he continued on. "Romance! We need someone to seduce Bakugou and convince him to perform!".