28: Could We At Least Try?

"Motherfucker!" 

"You say that after all this bullshit?" "I swear to fucking god I will exterminate you!" "I'm not a bug, you should get your eyes checked!" "At least my eyes aren't infected!" "Its not pink eye!" 

Hizashi shuffled into the living room, noted that it was around 1 am and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. "How is it that no matter what we do you two always bring out the worst in each other?" He asked, his voice hoarse from patrol earlier that day. 

Hitoshi and Nao turned to face the pro hero, neither of them letting go of the death grip they both had on the tv remote. "This artic fox looking fucker wont let me watch the undersea documentary!" Shinso said, disbelief and anger in his voice. 

"Don't bring my hair into this! Pinocchio here wont accept land animals are superior and we should watch the sugar glider documentary! I've seen like 3 ocean documentaries already!" Nao protested, just as worked up as Hitoshi. 

Hizashi sighed and leaned against the arm of the couch. "And this had to be done at 1:24 am?" He asked. Both teens grumbled a little but remained silent, obviously seeing that the pro hero was not done. "U.A gave all students a long weekend to spend with their families and I am not going to spend mine unable to sleep because you two can't choose between aquatic and land animals. You shouldn't even be awake! We're still in the teacher's dorm, you'll wake someone up!". 

Both teens looked at the floor sheepishly. Thinking about it now it was a little childish. "S'important though.." Nao grumbled mouth full of marshmallows. Wait, marshmallows? Hizashi looked down at the popcorn bowl the two had between them to a horrifying sight. They had separated the marshmallows from the cereal with the cereal side facing Hitoshi and the marshmallows facing Nao. The parent's eyes were wide with sheer confusion.

"Is that a popcorn bowl of lucky charms?" He asked, scared at what the answer could be. Both teens looked away sheepishly. "I like cereal and Nao likes marshmallows..." Hitoshi muttered. He was always nervous about 'overstepping his bounds' when he stayed with the Aizawa-Yamada household. This was, of course, very silly considering he was a member of said household. 

Hizashi just sighed "Just go to bed you two, I don't need Nao on a sugar high. And don't fight over the shared room, the dorm only has two.". The white haired teen had an offended look. "I'm not that hyper when I have sugar!" He insisted. 

"You don't have to deal with your own sleepwalking, go to bed.". The teens nodded and quickly hugged Hizashi before heading off to bed. 

The pro hero sat down on the couch and rubbed his eyes again. He had adopted one teenager and yet it felt like he had two overactive ten year-olds. Suddenly Hizashi heard some shuffling by the front door. Brightening up he walked to the genkan. 

Shouta smiled at his fiancée and was about to ask why he was still awake but was distracted. "Is that a bowl of separated lucky charms?" The underground hero asked. Hizashi groaned and shook his head.

"Blame your sons." He said simply. Shouta smiled and took the bowl from his husband. "At least they live in the student dorms, I don't know what I'd do if there was someone else who liked the marshmallows in this house. Liking the cereal simply isn't rational.". 

Maybe Hizashi should rethink this whole marriage thing. 

----- ---- ----- ---- ------ ----- ---- ------ ---- 

"I don't know how his sidekicks tolerate him." Todoroki said, slurping his soba. Nao nodded understandingly. 

"Yeah, sometimes my uncle would bring home women I was always so confused at what they saw in him." "My father isn't having interrelations with sidekicks." "Well, I mean, no.".