32: Is This Dangerous?

"Todays test will focus on rescuing people in difficult circumstances." Thirteen explained. As the rescue specialist, the trio should have expected him to be there but it was still jarring after the U.S.J. None of that brought up particularly good memories but this was supposed to be a punishment. 

Hitoshi, Katsuki and Nao stood awkwardly in front of the class of third years. They shifted from foot to foot as the classed tried to guess information about them based off looks. "Our 1st year volunteers are here to act as the victims in this scenario. They will be hidden somewhere in the rubble and you must save them alongside several small robots.". Ha, volunteers. The whole school had heard about the incident through Shinso's new classmates, namely Monoma. They already knew this was not exactly their idea of a tuesday afternoon.

Hitoshi was particularly anxious. The subject matter of the test wasn't exactly something he was comfortable with. See, the whole point of this test would be to see how the third years could handle rescuing people with out of control  quirks. That would mean using his quirk on these people. Sure, it was just acting, but he didn't want to even pretend to lose control. What if they saw what he could do and decided he wasn't meant for hero work after all? 

Nao was fairly worried too. From his understanding Hitoshi had always had good control over his quirk and therefore would be uncomfortable but fine. Bakugou also mentioned that he had always been able to control his quirk perfectly which some people doubted but knowing Bakugou it was probably true. Nao on the other hand had only gained control over his quirk under his dad's care at the very end of middle school. There was a chance that, since he had relapsed in his control before, it could happen again. He could seriously hurt someone!

The boy softly shook his head, telling himself he was just playing the role of a victim, same as in his own class. Besides, he wasn't about to ruin someone's test score. All he had to do was bubble himself up and wait until they figure out a way around it.  

"The pairs will be Yamamoto and Neijire with Shinso, Saito and Ito with Bakugou and Amajiki and Mirio with Nakabayashi. The rest of you will be going with some of our more willing volunteers tomorrow." Thirteen said, smiling, or at least that's what they thought it was, at the trio. At least the teacher seemed understanding of their position. "Always remember, go beyond. Plus Ultra!" The pro hero finished with a clap. 

-------- -------- ------ ------- ------- ------- 

Nao felt very bad for his seniors. All of the teams that had gone with one of his friends had failed either due to the time limit or harm coming to the target. 

Bakugou had shouted at his rescuers when they showed up saying they were 'too damn late and should just fuck off back to whatever D list agency they worked for'. He had even made the Ito kid cry a little bit from how mean he had been to them. Eventually he got fed up with their floundering and stood up and walked out of the arena on what was supposed to be his broken leg. They looked so shocked neither even attempted to stop him. 

Neijire hadn't been able to resist asking a question even though she already knew Hitoshi's quirk. He had told them he was scared and that they should go away. And you know what, they actually did. Both had snapped out of it several times but since Shinso wasn't supposed to have good control he turned every word they said into an opportunity. Honestly Nao was a little jealous at having that type of quirk. 

Currently while Nao stressed out about making the senior that got him his work study fail a test, Bakugou was doing his makeup. Not the glamorous kind, although he had put some lipstick on Nao to make the split lip look more realistic. The teen couldn't quite tell if Katsuki was a professional makeup artist or really just good at everything.