19: Do You Need To Leave?

"We have to be the ones to save them." Kirishima finished. No one said anything. Class 1-A were desperate. Izuku felt it the most, he had been right there, he could have stopped it. 

"I could have done more." Izuku said, clenching and unclenching his fist "If I had just been a second faster!". Tsuyu interjected. 

"Its not your fault Midoriya, you were severely injured. And none of us could have saved Nakabayashi no matter how fast. If we act so rashly how are we different from the villains?". Those words hung in the air uncomfortably. 

They hadn't known Nakabayashi was gone until some of them woke up in the hospital. Everyone had thought he was in the hospital with them, recovering from some sort of facial injury. It just seemed to be his thing to get stabbed in the face. When they had learned he was gone too it was like a kick to the stomach after being punched in the face. 

Questions hung in the air. How had Nakabayashi been taken? Where were he and Bakugou? Were they even in the same place? Could they really pull this off?

--- ---- ---- ----- ----- ----- ----- 

It was bright. Nao's eyes flew open at the realization. How long had he been out? Was Bakugou okay? 

The teen looked around frantically but his eyes wouldn't focus. All he could see was a flash of purple in front of his eyes. In wonder he grabbed his bangs and pulled them down. They were back to the original pastel purple colour. 

He quickly felt his clothes since his eyes wouldn't focus. They weren't the same ones he had been wearing. It was a too small pair of grey jogging pants that only reached his shins and a threadbare black jacket he knew all too well. 

But Nao had gotten rid of those clothes after his discharge from the hospital. Wait, was he maybe in a hospital? That would explain why everything was so bright. Rubbing his eyes Nao could finally take in his surroundings. A empty and filthy alley. Carefully he sat up, wincing in pain as he tried to stand. Instinctively his hands flew to his stab wound scars, except they weren't scars.

There was fresh, warm blood dripping from them but, not nearly as much as he remembered. Had the league just reopened the wound and left him in an alley to bleed out? Applying pressure to the wound Nao stood up to get a better look. When he had finished using his shirt to mop up the blood he came to a horrible realization. 

The scars were gone. It was like the bully had only slashed at him a little, it was already scabbing over. There were no stab zones or surgery scars. Quickly Nao felt behind his left ear, where the girl had burned him before Todoroki intervened. Smooth, as if the burn mark had never been there. 

Nao's heart beat quickly. He was wearing the same clothes as that day with similar yet less severe injuries. His scars were gone and his hair had returned to its natural colour. 'Did I even get stabbed that night' Nao wondered for a moment 'Could it have been a dream?'. He felt a tremendous feeling of loss, like a part of his heart had just been carved out. 

Quickly he shook away the thought. No dream could be that detailed, not a chance. He must have been chucked out by the league, maybe they had thought he wasn't worth it. Carefully he pulled the jacket around his shoulders and stumbled into the street. None of the screens were playing news related to the attack. Maybe it wasn't that big of a deal? But from what he had seen with the league all of Japan was looking for him and his explosive classmate. The empty feeling in Nao's heart only opened further.

"Hey kid, are you okay?" a worried voice called out behind him. Nao turned to face the person. They were blonde with wild hair and looked more than a little like a skeleton. "You appear to be bleeding, young man.".