27: Where Will You Be When Its Over?

"Sir!"

Midoriya's cry rang in Nao's ears as he appeared through the broken wall. Sir Night Eye was silent, eyes wide in fear. Both his chest and arm were impaled by spike that were springing up all over the place. 

"Deku!" Nao shouted, scanning for his friend amongst the rubble. He was on the other side with what looked like Mirio. 'Danger' was all Nao could think as he ran like hell over to them.   "Lemilli-" his words were cut off at the state of his senior. Mirio looked barely conscious and in a much worse state than Kirishima. 

Quickly Nao looked to Chisaki who was definitely using the extra time to plan something. "This is the path we used to get here, take Eri to safety!" Midoriya said, not putting his back to the yakuza. Nao quickly jumped in and put up a forcefield to give the two time to escape. 

"Kyuen!" Midoriya said in relief. He hadn't even heard his classmate come in. It was a relief to know Eri would be safer with Nao around but it also meant something had gone wrong. What was the vanguard squad doing right in front of Chisaki? 

The green haired teen turned to face Chisaki as he tried to block the path of escape. Green lightening crackled all around him. It was obvious he was overexerting himself but this was a do or die situation. Backing down was no longer and option. 

In a flash he was up in the air, jumping from spike to spike until he reached Chisaki. "Manchester SMASH!" was all Nao heard as he kept his eyes on Eri and Mirio for a little longer. 

"You're movements, although fast are simple and straight forward." Chisaki said in a monotone voice. "This'll end just how I said it would, everyone here will die!". It wasn't the words but the tone that sent a shiver down Nao's spine. Similarly the noise of two spikes impaling Midoryia was blood curdling. 

"See Eri." Chisaki said "People are dying because of you. Is that what you want?". Nao flinched as he saw the girl appear behind him. He had been ready to jump at Overhaul beside Midoriya and had dropped the forcefield, leaving Eri completely unprotected. 

The girl took a step forward. "I don't want that!" She said, her voice shaking "I don't want any of this!". "See, she doesn't want you. Now come here, Eri.". As the girl went to move Nao grabbed her hand and raised a forcefield around them. He wasn't fast enough to protect himself though as a spike split his cheek open and nailed him in his left arm.

Nervously the little girl poked the bubble and seemed to panic when she realized it wouldn't break. "Hurt him! Get out, you're trapped." Chisaki ordered. 

Nao turned to Eri who had glossy, wet eyes. "Let me go!" She pleaded "I don't want this! Let me go!". 

It was everything Nao never wanted. Intrusive thoughts he had thought were long gone began to eat away at him mind. 'She's trapped. You're suffocating her! Suffocating! She can't breath! Help her! LET HER OUT! Your fault, your fault, YOUR FAULT!' 

'Quirk use with intent to harm'

The hero in training slapped himself clean across the face and felt the uncomforably warm blood flowing down his cheek. Heglared at Chisaki right as Midoriya lunged for him. "Keep her in the forcefield! Even if she doesn't want it!" Midoriya said, gritting his teeth "Even if she doesn't want my help, I will save her!" 

Suddenly, Eri tripped, falling right into a deep graze Nao had gotten from a misfired bullet while battling Mimic. The forcefield dropped and Chisaki instantly launched Eri into the air on a platform of stone and tossed Nao to the ground with a painful thought. 

As everything hung up in the air it felt like slow motion. Izuku called out to Eri and she grabbed the remnant's of Mirio's cape. Nao's eyes widened as the little girl threw herself right into Midoriya's arms.