13: Share? No Way

Shinso Hitoshi didn't like Nakabayashi. It wasn't a deep hatred but there was something about his face that just screamed 'everyone likes me'. He acted like everyone would want to talk to him and be his friend. 

Luckily, Shinso had avoided him since the sports festival. He was training to join the hero course where Nao was but if he had any luck he wouldn't end up in his class. 

Unfortunately Shinso didn't have a single shred of luck. He had been invited to Mr. Aizawa's apartment for the first time. Of course he was more than excited, he also excited to visit the gym the pro used personally. Shinso wanted to get closer to his idol, and be just like him so of course he would be hyped up. 

It was not what he thought. The apartment looked normal enough for a start, the neighborhood was much nicer than Shinso was used to but that was to be expected from a pro hero. He rang the doorbell and waited to be let in as he became acutely aware of voices inside the apartment. 

"Shinso. Come in, leave your shoes over there." Mr. Aizawa said, appearing as tired and disheveled as ever. Shinso nodded happily and tried to crane his neck to make out the other voices in the home. It sounded somewhere between a funny conversation with lots of laughter and an argument. 

The two walked into the main room of the apartment and Shinso's eyes rested on a photo in the center of a large bookshelf. It was Mr. Aizawa, in civilian clothes and formal ones at that. Logically Shinso was prepared for that, but he wasn't for the rest of the photo. Beside the underground hero, with a wide, almost blinding smile was Nakabayashi in a middle school uniform. He was holding a graduation certificate so Shinso could assume this was taken at his graduation. 

'Why the fuck did Mr. Aizawa go to Nakabayashi's middle school graduation?' He thought, thoroughly confused. His mentor didn't mention it so he just walked towards the kitchen, following after the pro hero. 

"I'm full! I ate a big breakfast, you were there, you made it!" "Okay...I wont make you eat if you call me dad!" "Pass the food." "Not even pops? Really?!". 

Shinso stood in shock at the sight of Present Mic in casual clothes, with his blonde hair up in a bun, sitting at Mr. Aizawa's kitchen table with Nakabayashi who was still in his pajamas at 10 am. He wasn't quite sure which part shocked him more, or how to process this. All that came out of him brain was "Nakabayashi is your son?" in a very hushed tone. 

It was only then that the other two noticed Shinso's presence. Nao perked right up and pouted "Shinso help! He's trying to over feed me!" the teen pleaded. 

"Please!" Mic said with an exasperated tone "He's so malnourished he could probably eat all the food in the house and still need more! I could snap him between my pinky and my thumb!". Nakabayashi laughed as Shinso continued to attempt to understand. 

Aizawa sighed and gestured for Shinso to sit down at the 4 person table. "Shinso, you've already met my partner, Yamada Hizashi and this is my foster son Nakabayashi Nao. You should recognize him from the sports festival. They're part of the reason I told you to come here instead of U.A today.". The purple haired nodded stiffly, finally getting some clarity. "I wanted you to practice fighting Nao, as you're both underweight and working on muscle building but he has evening patrol today so you'll be helping Hizashi with something. Call it team building.". 

Hizashi smiled widely as both Nao and Shinso's jaws hit the floor. That was why he had made Nao cancel his plans with Uraraka, who barely got time off? "I couldn't go to a cat café because you wanted me to hang out with some assho-" A warning look from his foster father stopped Nao mid word "Jerk from the sports festival? I knew you wanted us to train together but this isn't...training.". Shinso found himself nodding. He also didn't want to be around the 4 kids in a lavender trench coat that was Nakabayashi. He would also much rather be in a cat café. The hero student may be boundary-less, but at least he had good taste.