𝗌𝗈𝗎𝗅 𝗍𝗂𝖾𝗌 - 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗍𝗐𝗈

𝗝𝗮𝗵𝗻𝗮𝗻𝗶 𝗘𝗹𝗲𝘅𝗶𝘀 𝗣𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻 | 𝗡𝗮𝗻𝗶
𝖠𝗍𝗅𝖺𝗇𝗍𝖺, 𝖦𝖾𝗈𝗋𝗀𝗂𝖺 — 𝟣 𝖸𝖾𝖺𝗋 𝖫𝖺𝗍𝖾𝗋
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

𝗝𝗮𝗵𝗻𝗮𝗻𝗶 𝗘𝗹𝗲𝘅𝗶𝘀 𝗣𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻 | 𝗡𝗮𝗻𝗶𝖠𝗍𝗅𝖺𝗇𝗍𝖺, 𝖦𝖾𝗈𝗋𝗀𝗂𝖺  — 𝟣 𝖸𝖾𝖺𝗋 𝖫𝖺𝗍𝖾𝗋 ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

"I'm so proud of you Nani ... you seriously ovecame so much this past year," my best friend Erika spoke as she admired my new salon.

I smiled big, looking around at the few people who I considered family; KB, Jay, my son ... it felt good to finally accomplish something bigger than what I had been doing before.

"Super proud of you mama," Kalen spoke as he pulled me into a hug.

"Thank you."

"Alright now— mama I need my hair braided," Semajay spoke up as he climbed into one of the black leather chairs.

"I got you baby boy."

"You really gon let me cut in here," Jaylen asked me as she ran her fingers on the marble countertops.

I nodded, if there was one thing she was good at; it was cutting hair. I have no idea where she learned but she does a damn good job.

"Don't be hiring none of them raggedy ass ho's," Kalen said as he picked up his son who was busy dozing off.

I sucked my teeth, "now you know better.. I am one of the best so I need the best."

"Fo sho, finna take him to my mama's." He walked up to me and kissed my cheek then walked off.

I smirked, he better stop ...

"Anyway yall; lemme lock up. I gotta few interviews tomorrow for some hairstylists and another barber."

"Alright we love you," Erika spoke as she came up and hugged me as did Jay.

"I love yall more."

I waited until they walked off before I grabbed Semajay and the keys so I could lock up.

As I was locking up my phone rang, I looked down already knowing who it was.

"Go get in the car," I told my son as I waited for the operator voice to speak.

"You have a collect call from Kree — to accept this free call press 1, to refuse this free call press 2." I pressed 1 .. not ready to hear his voice; its been a long time.

I got inside my car and placed my ear pods in my ears so Semajay couldn't hear and started driving towards Popeyes.

▂▂

"Yes?"

"Wassup ... how you been? How's my boy ..." he asked; his voice was low and deep.

I sighed deeply, "He's fine .. we're fine. How are you?" I questioned.

As far as I know — somebody set him up; some girl and her nigga which resulted in him getting 1-3 in state person... a light sentence for the shit they found.

I'm talking cocaine, guns ( which were registered ) surprisingly, lots of money, weed .. everything you could name.

If anything he got a slap on the wrist cause .. he would've been looking at up to 15 ... had he been found with a larger amount of shit on him.

"I miss you ... when you gon come see me? I know our last encounter wasn't the best ... but I do miss you."

I sighed — I missed him too, so much but I was trying my best to avoid going back down that route.

He cheated, whose to know if I give him another chance he wouldn't do it again?

That shit bothers me, cause I think about Kree damn near everyday — we connected in ways I ain't even know existed.

That nigga really like apart of me.

"Oh and I heard you opened another shop - a bigger and better one. I'm so proud of fat butt."

I rolled my eyes at his comment, but a chuckle escaped my lips.

"Thank you ... and I'll let you know; I know the days I can visit so I got you." I spoke truthfully, I would go see him.. I needed to.

"You have 1 minute left." The nut ass automated voice spoke making me roll my eyes hard as fuck.

"I gotta go, I love you and tell my lil man I love him too." Kree spoke.

I nodded my head, ignorning the fact he couldn't see me.

Once the line went dead, I whispered.

"I love you too."

Finally I pulled into Popeyes.

"Semajay," I called for my son but once I looked back I seen that he was fast asleep.

Okay Then.

"Welcome to Popeyes, what can I grt you?"

"Hi can I get two spicy chicken sandwich meals; no pickles. For the drinks can I get a small sprite, no ice and a large lemonade no ice."

"Will that be all," the lady asked.

"Yes, your total is 13.55."

I nodded and pulled to the next window and low and behold miss Jimia was standing there with a hat on her head and a mug on her face.

"13.55," she spoke as she smacked on her gum.

I handed her a twenty; received my change and got my food.

Once I checked to make sure everything was good; I drove on to my house so I could eat and go to sleep.

Its been a loooong day.