~Chapter 7: Truth Unveiled~

~Truth Unveiled~

                        ~Truth Unveiled~

Thomas had once again roped an accomplice for one of his investigations . The accomplice this time was Robyn. Although she half volunteered to help, she didn't sign up for crawling around the vents at night. But, she didn't feel like sleeping anyway, especially due to her episode before.

The pair was following an unknown boy around the tight ,metal vents, occasionally, a red glow of light lit the tunnel up. Robyn's knees and hands ached as she crawled along, trying to keep up with Thomas' strides. Her weak limbs were no match to his.

"What are we even doing Thomas? What happens if we get caught?" Thomas looked back from down the tunnel, but he wasn't the person who replied.

"You won't, hurry this way!" The boy turned around also, from beside Thomas. Robyn instantly recognised him from the boy before, who was sat on the table with the dark haired girl.

Thomas and Robyn didn't have a clue why they were doing this, but it didn't seem to stop them. They continued there way on, their arms and legs clacking the metal as they went along.

The unknown boy came to halt at end of the long tunnel, giving Robyn a chance to catch up. Her breathing was heavy as well as everyone else's, this was a workout itself.

"Stick tight" he whispered and returned his face forward. He checked left and right, then nodded at the girl and boy. His small body shot away, leaving Thomas and Robyn crouched together.

"What is our life?" Thomas stated. His face had no expression, but he blinked rapidly. Robyn simply shrugged a reply.

"Now get going, he said we had to keep together!" She pushed the brunette boy, making him swiftly crawl after the boy.

After a couple of seconds, they had caught up. Thomas yanked him back by the shirt, making him fall back slightly.

"Hey, wait a second! What the hell are you doing?" Thomas had a loud voice unlike the boy who only spoke in a whisper.

"Come on, we're gonna miss it!" The boy ignored his question, but ushered them along instead.

"Miss what?" Robyn panted behind the two boys.

"I cant explain, just hurry"

And he was off again. When would this end?

"You alright back there Rob?" Thomas breathed heavily as he asked, his eyes still fixated on the boys movements.

"Don't worry about me, he obviously needs to show us something important. keep going"

The boy took one last left and when the pair turned the corner, he was crouched down beside a gap in the floor.

"Took you guys long enough. You nearly missed it"

A girls voice took Robyn by surprise, making her confused as to where it was coming from. Suddenly, she saw a figure in the corner, red light illuminating her face. She was slumped down, her right leg bent up and the left one flat on the floor. Her hands rested on them as she looked over. It was the girl from before and she sure looked intimidating, unlike before.