~Chapter 38: No happy endings~

~No Happy Endings~

~No Happy Endings~

"I wish Alby could have seen all of this" Newt mumbled, his arm wrapped around his beloved Robyn.

The pair had ended their trip together by meeting the others that sat huddled together on large rocks. The air had become chilly, and Newt had kindly wrapped his jacket around Robyn's arms - Minho doing the same for Jess as she shivered beside the oblivious Thomas. Besides the small hello's as the couple arrived, no one had spoken a word since Newt broke the silence. They were all captivated by the view ahead of them, the feeling finally sinking in. This was the end.

"And Winston" Frypan added, a sad feeling lingering over them all.

Robyn noticed Thomas shifting in his seat, fiddling with something in his hands. A small wooden object. Chuck.

"Thomas. How? Where did you find that?" Robyn jumped from Newt's arms, rushing to Thomas' side, "I had it, how did i lose it. How..how. I had it in my hands, then...my pocket" She began to rummage around in her multiple coat pockets, but nothing,
"How did you get it? I don't understand"

The object Thomas was holding wasn't just an ordinary object. It was her final gift from Chuck. It was his creation, his small hands had made it. And those small hands gave it to Robyn before they turned cold.

Thomas gently grabbed a hold of Robyn's hand, opening it so he could place the wooden carving in her hands, "It was on the floor of the helicopter. It must have slipped out of your pocket and i didn't want it to be forgotten. I was meant to give it to you, i swear. There just wasn't ever a good time"

Robyn looked down at her hands that were shaking slightly, "How could i forget if? It's my last piece of him and i left it behind"

Everyone around could sense Robyn's disappointment which she placed upon herself. But who could blame her for forgetting just a simple piece of wood after all she had been through. The girl never had time to think.

"You haven't really had time to remember a small piece of his existence" Thomas spoke, "It's not easy Robyn, but i'm glad i managed to save it"

"Thank you" Robyn closed her hand, squeezing the object tight, "Thank you for keeping it safe Tommy"

"I know it means the world to you" Thomas weakly smiled through tears that were forming in his eyes. The young boy made a lasting effect on every glader there ever was. Chuck would never be forgotten.

"He would be proud of you love" Newt gently grabbed her arm, leading her back to the rock they sat on, "I can picture his enormous smile"

Robyn smiled at the lovely thought, sinking deep into Newt's chest. Her head lay still beside his beating heart, that somehow calmed her down.

"He'd be proud of you too Tommy" Newt looked over to the brunette, who had taken comfort in Jess as she lay her head against his shoulder, "You both were his heroes"