~Chapter 42: Is this the end?~

~Is this the end~

~Is this the end~

The noise of the berg came first, echoing through the open landscape. Newt and Robyn intertwined their hands, as the object finally came into view, blinding them all with its bright lights that moved across the group of people. Robyn could feel Newt's thumb rub circles around her knuckles, helping her calm her nerves. Despite the pads of his fingers being rough and harsh, she took comfort in it always. The boy knew her inside and out.

The whole area became silent. A type of silent that was painful to be around. Fear, anxiety, anger. It was rushing through the crowd and no one could stop it. Every single man and women could feel it and there was nothing they could do about it. They had to await their fate and the door to the berg was the answer.

"Who do you think it is?" Frypan nudged Robyn slightly, unaware that the girl knew exactly who was to come.

"Fry, be quiet!" Minho hushed the curious boy, but that didn't stop Robyn from answering.

She took a short breath, "It's Ava Paige"

Just as Robyn finished her words, the door to the berg opened, travelling down to the floor to make a safe walkway for whoever was inside. At first, all the people could see was around four armed men, the same of those who held them captive. But as the men began to march forward and out of the aircraft, the famous white clothes and blonde hair came into view. Robyn was right.

The group watched as the doctor moved herself in between the men, marching down as if she was royalty. Her chin was held up high, a smug look painted across her face. To the teenagers that watched from the floor, this looked like some sick game. But to Jess, she saw the woman that treated her well in her childhood, but betrayed her in the present - she didn't know exactly how to feel.

"Is this all of them?" She questioned the man of the hour, her voice loud enough that everyone could hear.

"Most of them" Janson announced, walking to her side, "It'll be enough"

The blonde woman squinted her eyes, looking across the hundreds of people that looked as if they were bowing down at her presence. She looked back at the man, "Start loading them up"

"Yes Mam" He obeyed with a quick nod before turning to his people around him, "You heard her, let's go! Get them on!"

Robyn couldn't pay attention to the shouts around her as wicked began to forcefully take men and women from their friends and family. Many tried to fight back, but what was the point. To Robyn this was the end. And she needed to be with Newt until the last second.

"N-newt" She stuttered on her hurried words, "I love you, i love you so much"

The blonde haired boy quickly spun around, noticing the frightened and panicked expression on his face. Without thinking, he instinctively placed his hands on either side of her face, forcing her to look directly into his eyes.