~Chapter 27: Hanging~

~Hanging~

~Hanging~

"Good plan Thomas" Minho sassed in his usual sarcastic tone, "Just hear what the man has to say. Really working out for us"

"Oh shut up Minho" Thomas snapped back, his voice strained.

Being upside down wasn't the place Robyn really wanted to be. Jorge and his men had strung the teenagers up like meat waiting to be matured and left, whilst the blood rushed to their brains. For Robyn, even more blood from the wound in her knee was slowly trickling down her leg, staining her skin a bright crimson colour as it moved along. Every part of her body ached as she lay suspended in the air, swinging slightly. Her head felt as if it was going to explode or burst from the pressure caused from it all.

"You alright love?" Newt forced out his words to check on his girlfriend. The blonde boy hadn't taken his eyes off her since they had been hung up, one exception being when he was facing the other way and couldn't force himself around, but after much struggle, he eventually managed to do it.

"Yeah i'm good. My knees still bleeding though" Robyn replied, wincing from the pain that rushed up her leg. This wasn't just an ordinary cut like the ones she had received almost everyday in the glade, this one was the deepest she had ever had. Blood seeped and poured out of it uncontrollably and the cloth was close to being useless - too much blood had been soaked up. The light brown cloth was no more, and now had changed to a dark, musty red.

"Is the cloth not working?" Jess piped in from the side after secretly listening to their conversation.

Robyn tried to turn to the right to look at her sister, but it was no use. She didn't have the energy or motivation, "No, i think it's soaked up it's limit"

"Just hang on love, as soon as we get out of here i'll figure something out" Newt reassured, Robyn seeing a glimpse of him smiling in the corner of her eye.

"I love you"

"I love you too"

"Hey, love birds. Slim it" Minho ordered bitterly.

Robyn rolled her eyes at the runners comment, she just hoped one day he would find someone himself and understand love and what it gives you. For Robyn, love game her a home, it gave her comfort and warmth. Unfortunately, Minho couldn't see that side for himself, but she knew one day Minho would find the perfect partner - he deserved it the most out of everyone in the girls eyes. Minho needed the escape from reality, like how Newt was for Robyn. Without Newt, Robyn knew she wouldn't be the same girl she was today and that's because of love. Love was the medicine for Rob, it was the healer.

"Thomas, try and reach the rope" Teresa suggested, her voice higher than usual

"Ok, ok" He nodded before starting to lift his body up. The boys face began to turn bright red from the energy he used. Everyone expected it to work as he managed to move, but his movement was minimal, maybe a couple of inches to be precise.. There was no way to escape this. Even Minho copied his actions, but nothing worked.