~Chapter 31: The brightest star~

~The Brightest Star~

After their great ordeal, the three of them walked down the building in silence, recollecting their thoughts as they went down. The sudden fright of it caught up to Robyn and as she walked, her limbs shaking and pain shooting through her legs. Realisation came to her about her near death experience, away from everyone she loved. Her mind raced with thoughts about how much her death would impact them all, especially Newt. It would kill him, he'd fade away. She proved she could manage and survive without him, even if she hated the thought. But she didn't know how he was coping and that's what scared her. She just hoped he could do the same if Robyn ever did pass away or disappear. The girl wanted him to live a happy life without her but that was uncertain with Newt.

"Hey Robyn, you okay?" Thomas nudged her shoulder, his face full of worry.

Robyn jumped slightly, "W-what? What do you mean? I'm fine, why wouldn't i be?"

Thomas let out a long sigh, shaking his head, "You have tears in your eyes"

Robyn lifted her hand to her eyes, small droplets of water sticking to her finger as she wiped across them. She moved her finger down so she could look at the tears. It came as a surprise because she didn't even know she was crying, to be honest she didn't know why she was. She wasn't sad. More lost.

"Tommy" Robyn looked up to the brunette boy, "Is it bad if i say that i don't need Newt to live. I want him, but i don't need him in a way. Like..." She stuttered.

"Wait, hold on" Thomas grabbed her arm, before turning around to Brenda, who was slightly behind the pair as they walked through a rubbish filled alley, "Mind if we stop here?"

"N-not..at all" Brenda slowly nodded her head as she made her way over to a curb, throwing her backpack onto the floor.

"Okay, come here Rob" Thomas whisked her away to the far end of the curb, gently placing her down so he could sit beside her, "Explain for me"

Robyn twiddled her thumbs in her lap, "Well, what just happened then made me realise something. It made me realise i'm a lot stronger than what i originally thought. I never would have thought that i would do what i had just done, i risked my own life for someone else's and i'm happy about it"

Thomas listened closely as the girl let the words slip out of her mouth. Her brown eyes stared directly infront of her to avoid contact with Thomas'.

"Winston made me do it. They all did. Every single one of my fallen friends have picked me up from the dark and made me a new person, a strong one. But then i feel guilty"

"Why do you feel guilty?" Thomas tried to make her look his way, but it didn't work.

"I feel bad because i'm becoming my own person. I love Newt with all my heart, every single inch. That boy is my world and he's saved me in so many ways. But i want to do the same, to more people. I want to be a hero, i want to be a good person. Tonight I proved I can survive without him, and as harsh as that sounds. I have my own life to live, not just ours. I have this awful feeling that he doesn't want me in harms way, but Thomas" She finally looked him in the eyes, "If harms way means I help people and I help my friends, I would do it in an instant"