~Chapter 20: Who she really was~

Tw- mentions of abuse and scars.

                        ~Who she really was~

Robyn trailed behind Thomas in the darkness. The pair were getting further and further away from the others and as Robyn looked back, the light of the fire was barely visible. Thomas would constantly turn around to check on her, worrying if she had wandered off or headed back to the group. He was just hoping everything would go smoothly.

"Thomas what's even going on?" Robyn rubbed her tired eyes, her eyesight going slightly blurry.

The boy looked as if he was about to reply, but the words stayed on the tip of his tongue. Thomas never faced Robyn, but continued to walk further away, his legs speeding up.

"Are you going to ignore me?" Robyn came to a halt, her arms folding over her chest.

Thomas noticed how the sound of her feet was no longer there, and turned around to check. Once he noticed she was being stubborn about the whole thing, he rolled his eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes Thomas" Robyn shot him a glare, "You bring me out here, with no explanation and expect me to ask no questions, huh? Why have you become so secretive all of a sudden?"

Thomas swallowed hard, letting out a large sigh. His feet tapped the sand below, his fingers patting his dark pants. He looked everywhere but not at Robyn.

"Are you going to answer me?" Robyn asked again, her tone bitter.

Thomas faced the floor, "N-not yet"

Robyn narrowed her eyes, "What do you mean not yet?"

"Because it's not my place to say!" Thomas snapped back, finally facing her. Robyn stumbled back at the sudden anger, not expecting him to act the way he just had. However, when she looked closer, she noticed how a single tear was falling from his right eye, both of them full of water.

Thomas noticed how Robyn was starting at him, a small bit of fear and confusion in her eyes. He shook his head, annoyed at how he just reacted to his best friend. When he spoke again, his tone softened and he wiped away the tear that was escaping his eyes, "I'm sorry i shouldn't have done that. It's just Jess needs to speak to you and it's not my place to tell you yet. It's hers"

With that Thomas slowly began to make his way forward, his hands in his pockets and his head low.
Robyn felt guilty at the way she had pressured him for an answer and quickened her pace to catch up to him. Once she made her way to him, she reached up onto her toes so she could scruff up his hair.

"I'm sorry too" She weakly smiled, making him twitch his head to the side, "I'm just confused that's all"

Thomas pouted his lips, "So am i"

Robyn pulled her arm around the boy, shaking him lightly, "Whatever is going on, we will be fine you know"

"I don't know Robyn, everything is getting hard. Wait, watch out" He pulled her gently towards him, "There's a rock there. I fell over it...twice"