~Chapter 23 : Did we make it?~

~Did we make it?~

~Did we make it?~

The good mood from the night before shortly disappeared when the day began. The heat was becoming unbearable as the group ventured further into the scorch. The ground beneath their feet was no longer soft, but now hard , making it even harder to carry on.

This new part of the scorch was worse than before. There were no fallen structures anywhere, just sand for miles. Robyn's feet ached and rubbed against her boots, causing a sting every time she took a step.

Sun rays shone down at their exposed skin, scolding and burning it a bright red colour. Every time Robyn's jacket brushed upon the areas, she winced with pain.

The two sisters linked arms as they trailed behind with Minho beside them. The three of them struggled to push themselves further as their muscles ached with every movement. Holding onto each other for support was the only option.

Robyn watched in the corner of her eye as Minho lifted his metal bottle to his lips, but much to his disappointment, not a single drop fell into his mouth. His eyes narrowed at the now useless bottle, his anger and frustration taking over as he launched it across the floor.

"Piece of klunk" his words came out bitter.

Robyn reached her hand over to the small pocket on the outside of her backpack. Her fingers wrapped around her own silver bottle, pulling it out of its holder, "Here take a sip"

Minho looked up at Robyn, who had the bottle held out towards him. With a quick nod, he gently took it out of her grasp and lifted it to his lips. Once the water slipped down his throat, the dryness immediately went away. He could drink the whole bottle with ease, but he knew he couldn't leave Robyn without water.

"Thank you" Minho gulped, wiping the water that fell down his chin with his sleeve.

"Don't worry about it" Robyn mumbled as she tightened the lid and placed it back into the pocket.

The lack of sleep and rest was clearly getting to them all. As robyn looked around, the bags and dark circles under everyone's eyes were getting worse. They were no longer discreet and the group looked drained of energy and motivation.

"Are you good?" Jess nudged her sister's arm.

Robyn looked at her with half open eyes, "I guess so, what about you?"

"I mean apart from the fact i don't feel stable on my feet anymore or the fact every time i swallow it burns. Oh and i can't forget the feeling of my eyes being scratched every time i blink. So overall i'm doing great" She said sarcastically

"Sounds about right" Robyn slumped her shoulders.

"This day has dragged" Jess moaned from beside Robyn.

"Tell me about it and it still feels like we are far away"

"Hey Thomas!" Minho shouted from near the sisters, using all of his energy to say two words.