Chapter 4

-

Just saying, I don't own pjo or the bats and justice league. Uncle Rick and DC does.

I sit in the car, looking away from the others.

"Why did you want me to come with you?"

"Because, we can't have you telling everyone what you know."

"And you think that if I live with you I won't? I don't have anyone to tell. Certainly not Susan." I say bitterly,

"You will come with us. We don't want to hurt you, we just want you to keep the secret. You are smart. Perhaps, after a lot of training of course, you can join us?"

That piqued my interest.

"Join you. As vigilantes? That does sound interesting. Maybe."

"Right, so anyways, my name is Bruce Wayne, and this is my ward Richard Grayson. I have another child at home, however, Timothy Drake. I hope you will get along with them." Batman said to me.

Batman. It's hard imagining a playboy billionaire as Batman. That's probably why nobody else on the outside found out.

"Fine. Whatever. I do have some work to do, but... you know. I'm not going to school. That's my one condition."

"I-Alright. You can be homeschooled."

"That's the same thing!" I argued, not giving up, "besides, I'm dyslexic. I can't read anyways."

"Oh. Anything else we should know of?"

"Yes. I am also ADHD. I don't take the medicines though. It's... never worked on me."

"So that is why you're fidgeting. I thought you were nervous."

I snort at him, "Please. I've faced scarier things than a teenage boy I don't know."

Probably just a teenage boy I don't know. Luke.

"That's... cool." Richard said,

"So, tell me about yourself, Nico." Bruce said. I don't think he was asking.

"Well, my name is Nico di Angelo. I'm fourteen years old, I had a mom and I had a sister. I have a dad who couldn't give two shits about me, and kicked me out to explore the world. I have a cousin who I can't live with because his family isn't that well off either, and they don't really have space for me, and to be honest I don't want to live with him. What about you bats, and you, birdy?" I smirk. I can tell they are not very fond of me knowing.

"Well, my name is Richard Grayson, my parents died in a trapeze accident, when Bruce took me in. I'm eighteen years old. My girlfriend's name is Kori, and I have two brothers."

"Didn't you say you had one other son at home?" I ask Bruce immediately, narrowing my eyes slightly,

"Yeah. My other son, Jason, died, in a Joker accident."

Ah that psychotic clown. However. I don't think this Jason is dead, truly. It doesn't seem like it. His soul had not entered the underworld, or it had left, like Hazel did.

I didn't say anything, well, first off it would reveal myself, and secondly, I wouldn't want to bring their hopes up.

"Oh." I said simply, I couldn't say sorry, not when I knew no one never really meant that, "I lost my sister, two years ago. Her name was Bianca. Since our mom was dead, she was like a mom to me. After that, I was on the streets for the next year, then I lived with my dad for a year and a few months." It was all true. The labyrinth could be called streets, right?

They looked at me sadly.

"Don't look at me like that. It's life. I'm used to it." I say, looking out of the window, staring at the huge mansion that slowly came into view as the car slowed down.

"Here we are- welcome home, Nico."

A/N Sorry for bad writing.