Chapter 9

-

Just saying, I don't own pjo or the bats and justice league. Uncle Rick and DC does.

We stand two feet apart, arms out, circling each other slowly, as if we were about to pounce, which well, we were.

I stared at him, watching his every move. His left foot moves back. He was going to lunge. I moved to the left as he did so, sweeping out his feet from under him. The first out of the circle lost. He was still in though. He rolled and stood up again. I feint, lunge the other way, punching him int he jaw before roundhouse kicking him in the tummy, sending him flying out of the circle before he could even raise his arms to protect himself. What a pity.

"Done." I smirked, walking to where Dick was and helping him up, "I beat him. So... when do I start?"

"You can work with us on patrol today, but we also need to make your suit and name."

"I already sketched it out. And I have a name- The Shadow. I'll be more of a backup person, I'll assume, and well, I'm brilliant at hiding in shadows and covert stuff."

"Alright. That can be done," Bruce said looking at the pencil covered paper, "I'll call Lucius, it should be done by... tonight. You join us for the first time on patrol tonight."

"Great." I perked up. This sounded like actually fun, "I'll go to my room now. I want to finish the roman history homework Diana gave me. And mythology of course. We finished Greek already, so we're working on Roman stuff."

"Sure." Bruce said, watching me as I walked up to my room.

As soon as the door closed, I went to the bathroom and made a mini rainbow.

"O, Iris, please inform me of when any of my family come to look for me." before throwing a drachma in and shadow travelling to Camp Jupiter.

"Ambassador of Pluto!" Reyna called out to me, I turned to face her,

"Yes, Praetor?"

"Why are you here?"

"To speak to Hazel."

"Your sister. She has become an official member of the legion. Fifth Cohort. I have some information for you, however. My colleague, Jason Grace has vanished."

My eyebrows jumped up. Jason was missing? He seemed alright.

"Is he gone? With no trace, or any information about him going?" I ask in disbelief.

"Do you know where he may be?" She narrows her eyes, her dogs looking ready to pounce if I lied.

"No." I answered honestly. I had absolutely no idea where he may be, "I wish to go see Hazel. May I do so now?"

"Of course."

My head was spinning with thoughts. First Percy, now Jason?

Wait.

The leaders of camps go missing. Oh I hope I'm not right. I can not inform Reyna though, as they should not know of the Greek World. Father's orders.

It was not time yet.

I sigh, before heading to barracks. Fifth Cohort, huh? That was a good one, because of Jason. Despite them losing the Eagle.

I knock on the door,

"Hazel? Hello?"

"Nico? Oh hi! I'm glad you came to visit. This is an amazing place. I finally got qualified! Because I led a horde of unicorns away from the people. Horns are sharp. I did it because of, well... you know."

"Right, calm down." I chuckled. I loved her. I lost Bianca, but I will make sure I never lose Hazel.

"So I got in!! But... but Jason." her face fell, "he's helped me so many times. And. And I can't do anything to help find him. If only he were made of metal." she sighed.

"It's alright Hazel, don't get too worked up about it, you know what happens then," I say, gesturing to the large ruby that rose out of the Earth.

"Right, right!" she took it and pocketed it.

Your adopted Father Bruce Wayne is on his way to your room to call you down for Dinner.

Iris. Oh shit.

Right. Is it dinner time already? I looked out. It was dark

"Sorry Hazel, I've got to go. I can't have the mortals I'm staying with question our world. I'll talk to you later."

And with that, I left. Right in time too. I thanked Iris and threw another drachma into the fading rainbow, which managed to last that long, how, I don't know. Probably because of Iris.

I flush the toilet so it seems believable, before heading out.

I open my bedroom door to end up face to face with Bruce.

"Come, dinner. We have much to discuss."

A/N Hope you like it.