Chapter 12

A/N Just saying, I don't own pjo or the bats. Uncle Rick and DC do.

I woke up with a start. Nightmares were common for demigods, but knowing that it didn't make life any easier.

Today Diana and I were going to do the Giant Wars. Mythology. Another sad fact about today? Tonight was my introductory gala. Bruce had mentioned it sometime yesterday. And I was not happy.

I had to wear a suit, a tie and those horrible formal shoes that squish your toes. At times like these I am so grateful being born a male. Girls would have had an even harder time, I mean, for example, I'm pretty sure Annabeth would hate being in this situation.

Speaking of Annabeth, I needed to ask her if she found Percy or not. 

"Nico!" I heard a small crash from outside before the door opened to reveal Tim standing there in all his glory, "wake up! We have to go get sized. People are coming and a few are already here!"

"Wait," I said, confused, "what about my lesson with Diana?"

"It got postponed! Come on!"

So I listened to the hyper fourteen year old who was acting more like a kid than I was.

I just wish I hadn't.

While getting sized, some people with measuring tapes came in and began making us stand, arms out. It was so uncomfortable. They made us wear these horribly tacky suits and began poking needles in!!!

Honestly, that was the worst half an hour of my life. Including those days Dad had forgotten me in my room.

I got my books ready and sat in the study room, waiting for Diana. She was three minutes late.

The door burst open and she entered, looking a little flustered.

"Hey," she said, sitting down at her side of the table, " so sorry I'm late. There was a small... issue."

I nodded in understanding. Probably her Wonder Woman work.

"Right, so we're doing the Giant War, correct? Well, the Giants are the children of Gaea and Tartarus. When the Titans were enslaved, she bore the Giants so that they could defeat the gods and her children would rule again. Each Giant opposés a certain god, or godly being. For example, Porphyrion, the king of the Giants was the bane of Zeus. Alcyoneus was born to oppose Hades. We'll learn more about the Giants today, and how they tried to defeat the Gods. All Giants are killed by both a god and a mortal. All except one. Let us begin with Alcyoneus. He had a special fate. Instead of being a Giant who can be killed by a God and a mortal, he was a Giant who was immortal, as long as he remained in a territory he chose. As soon as he was outside his area of choice, he could be killed, even by a mortal alone. Understood? Good. Now we can move onto Polybotes. The Giant born to oppose Poseidon. Write that down, good."

Diana was a good enough teacher, besides, the subject having something, anything to do with the geeks, just makes my life easier.

I learnt a little bit about all the Giants today. Enough to say I know about them, but definitely not enough to do the report assigned to me. This meant I would have to research. And that meant books.

Gods, today really wasn't my day.

A/N Hey! So, so, so, so sorry for disappearing like that. I'm back though, with this chapter. Hope you like it!