Chapter 25

-

I couldn't lie, as much as I did love the shadows, I loved the beach more. The sun, the warmth, the sand- everything that a child of Hades would be expected to hate, I loved.

Not to mention, the Happy Meals that Will bought for lunch. This vacation truly had been perfect.

It was a good break away from all the things going on, with my nightmares, Lester, all the drama... I needed this. I think Will did too- he'd been so busy the past couple weeks. We both needed this, for ourselves.

"Will..." I mumbled, leaning over the beach-lounge-chair-thing to look at him. He was reading- I don't know how it was fair that he did not get dyslexia, but I suppose it was the same way Frank had it. Lactose Intolerance. Didn't think that would be a symptom of demi-godliness, but it seems that is how it is. 

"Will, look at me.. we're on vacation, you can't be reading all day!" I pouted.

My boyfriend stared at me for a second, before placing his medical journal down and leaning over.

"That's, right. I can't read all day, can I?" 

He kissed me.

He tasted like honey. 

But then again, he always did- 'It's a medicinal substance! And it tastes good on pancakes- much better than your sugar-stuffed syrup, anyways!'. 

He was gorgeous. Radiant, like the sun, but that was expected. He was a child of Apollo after all.

"Come here. Let's do something!" Will chirped, before dragging me to the edge of the beach.

"Will.. I can't go into the sea. Son of Hades, remember?"

"Oh Poohey! I'm sure Poseidon won't kill you. He's the nicest one of them anyways- er, no offense, Nico."

"None taken. I'm pretty sure it's true." I shrugged, before sighing and whispering a small prayer to Poseidon to not incarcerate me when I got into the water.

I suppose he chose not to scorch me down with laser eyes, because I was still alive and kicking, thankfully.

The water was cool, it felt good. Everything felt good about this trip. Almost too good. But we deserved it, so I'd take what I'm getting.

"Will! Come here!", I said, splashing the water on him

"Oh no you didn't!" He gasped playfully, before tackling me.

We kissed a bit more, before heading back to the shore. I was hungry, and it was time for dinner.

"Not McDonalds again," Will chastised, "That's so unhealthy! DId you see how much oil was in my fries?"

"Live a little, Will." I muttered, before relenting. We'd eat at this vegan place that Will had been dying to try. It was nice seeing him so excited about things.

"I love you babe,", he smiled, hugging me again, before kissing my cheek. 

I probably turned red, but not as much as Will did when I responded.

"I love you too, Sunshine."

-

After dinner, we'd planned on taking a walk by the beach. it was still a bit light outside, the sun just setting.

"Looks like your dad's chariot is putting on a glorious show for us today." I whispered to Will

He rolled his eyes

"Do you reckon his maserati misses him? I hope he's doing alright.." he mumbled back, before shaking his head and smiling at me, "Enough of that, though. Today was great. I can't wait for tomorrow. Our vacation will be the best demigod-couple vacation in the history of demigod couple vacations. And not just because we're gay." 

"SO true, hun! We're like... OTP!" I sassed back, playfully. Will laughed, his golden curls bouncing in the retreating light. He stole the words right out of my mouth.

"You're so beautiful."

"Not as much as you." I muttered back, intwining our fingers

"Oh shut up. Come on!" Will said, running towards the other side of the beach.

I shook my head and laughed, before following, until-

"OOMPFH!" 

I landed flat on my back. Trust me to trip during the romantic-beach-run thing. 

"Oh shit, man, I'm sorry!" Turns out I ran into some dude.

"No problem. Sorry about that too." I said, trying not to grimace in annoyance. My butt hurt.

The man was wearing shades [despite it being almost night time], which looked totally uncool. He seemed oddly familiar though.

"Excuse me, do I know you?" he asked, ruffling his hair, pausing for a second.

"I don't think so. I don't remember meeting somebody like you before. My name's Nico. Nico di Angelo. You're...?"

The man seemed at a loss for words, as if he'd just see a lost one resurrected before him.

"...I'm Richard Grayson. What... did you say your name was again?"

He seemed slightly creepy, now. Almost as if he was begging for me to be somebody he'd once known. Really, really suspicious.

"Nico di Angelo. What does my name have to do with any-"

"Neeks!" Will said, popping up behind me, before kissing my cheek, "Who's this?"

His head was on my shoulder now, fingers playing with my hair. I'd grown it out a bit, so it was now reaching my shoulder. I needed a haircut. 

"Nobody. I just bumped into him, that's all. Sorry about that, again." I said that the guy, before turning to Will, "Let's go, babe." 

The man stared at me incredulously, as I walked away from him, clasping hands with Will once again.

"Who was that?" Will whispered after we left the area,

"I dunno. Some rando, I guess. Said his name was Richard Grayson. Sounded like I should know him."

"Well, I don't know him either. Anyways, forget him. We're here for us."

He cracked a small smile, and I was kissing him, again. I smirked back at him. 

"That's right Sunshine. We're here for us."

-

A/N HEY! I'm back with Shadows!!!! Glad to update, and thanks for all the love on the story. I hope you liked the chapter- loads of Solangelo floof. ALSO: a surprise meeting with a not-so-remembered older brother. Guess this means the whole picture is going to start coming back together. Can't wait to see what happens in the future. You'll just have to wait for it, I guess. Will update soon again, I promise. Have a great day or night, wherever you are!