Chapter 8

-

Just saying, I don't own pjo or the bats and justice league. Uncle Rick and DC does.

Turns out there are a lot of reasons as to why not. I couldn't reveal my secret, dad said, and Bruce doesn't believe I'm ready, so he won't even let me try. Not to mention, I haven't been trained by him yet. And I'm too young. I'm older than when Dick Grayson started, aren't I?

I don't care. I mean, even if I did do the vigilante business, no way I'd join the kiddie league. Even though almost everyone there is older than me.

Oh well. I'll convince him somehow.

Somehow.

Anyways, I had adopted another way to search for Percy. I was dream searching. It's this thing where you talk to someone in their dreams.

Dad taught me. It's close... I know it is, but it's not working. Oh Percy, I hope you're okay.

Anyways, I was just chilling in my room when Bruce entered.

"Nico, the boys and I have been talking, and they managed to convince me to give you a chance. You can try, and if you beat... one of the boys in a fight, then you can join, otherwise, you would need some extensive training. Is that alright?"

I sighed, it was the best I'd get.

"Sure. When is the fight?"

"Anytime you want it."

"So... now?"

"Well, I didn't expect you to- don't you want to warm up first?"

"I already did. I was in the training room for the past few hours."

His eyes widen slightly.

"Right, um sure. Why not? Come on. I'll go get Tim."

"Can I go against Dick? Just because. Can I? I don't really want to spar with Tim, if I win he may feel slightly bad, and if I don't I'll never hear the end of it."

"Sure, he's really good though, so I would still recommend Tim. He's only just started this year."

" that's fine, thanks, I'll go let him know."

And with that, I trudged down the stairs, unable to keep the growing smirk off my face. I couldn't wait to see their reactions.

"Hey, Dick."

"Oh hi! What's up Neeks?"

I roll my eyes.

"I want to spar with you. I chose you as the test thing."

"You made a bad choice. I'm very good." Dick said, pitifully.

"I know, that's why I chose you, so if by any chance I do beat you, Bruce can't say anything about it. "

"But you probably won't, no offence, I just have a lot of experience. Maybe, after some training. I'm sure you'll get there some day."

"Gods, you're vain. Almost as much as my Uncle Z. He's the Drama Queen. Whatever. It's going to be in fifteen minutes, the backup training room."

"Why the backup one?" Dick asked

"Because, have you seen the usual one? It's totally trashed." Tim smirked, before disappearing.

"Sorry about that. I usually do it in the camp arena. Lot's of space, lots of dummies and friends to spar with."

"And that's normal." Dick teased.

I raised a hand and caught a knife that was hurtling to my face. Tim stood behind us, looking at me like I grew another head. I turned to him, before throwing the knife back so it ended up only a centimetre to the left of his face. He didn't flinch. He smirked at me, as if saying, You are totally qualified for this.

"For a family like you, it surely is."