Chapter 13

A/N hey guys, just saying that I don't own pjo or the bats- Uncle Rick and DC do.

After the lesson, I had gone back into my room to have a shower before the gala.

Gods. Why did I end up in this tragic story?

I sigh and turn on the water, basking in the warm current that had immediately started pouring down on me.

My suit was ready. A horrible one, itchy, a little tight in the pants. And extremely ugly. At least it was black. The tailor and I agreed on one thing. I only looked good in black.

I was sitting on a chair in the room behind the ballroom, waiting for my cue.

"And now, I would love to introduce o you all, my newest addition to the family- Nico!"

He makes it sound as he didn't just adopt me because I knew his identity.

I ran and hand through my messy hair, and pushed open the door.

Walking down the carpet, I shot cool smiles at everyone. I didn't want to seem enthusiastic, or mean. It definitely was a fake smile, at least until I saw a familiar face.

I kept my cool and walked up to where Bruce was standing .

"Hello, everyone. I'm Nico. I didn't know I was going to get adopted by Bruce Wayne when I first came to Gotham- in a kidnapping, no less, but I am extremely grateful  to be a part of this wonderful family. Dick is like the big brother I never had, and Tim is my amazing partner in crime! Bruce however, was like a father to me, and as a kid who was neglected while growing up, well, it just means so much to me. So I would just really like to thank Bruce again, and just.. have a good night, I guess." I said, giving the people a rare, but fake, dazzling smile.

I hated it, but I had an act to keep up.

As soon as I got off the platform, I was yanked off by someone.

"Nico! What are you doing here?" Rachel asked me

I scoffed and looked at her in the eye.
"Didn't you hear my speech?"
"We both know that's not true." She argued, stubbornly.

I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

"Well, dad wanted me to 'explore the real world' and pose as an orphan, so here I am."

"Ok." She agreed, reluctantly, before brightening up, "wait, this means I don't have to go through these terrible things alone!"

I give her a small nod.
" I can expect your company then?"
"Definitely" she said, laughing before dragging me back to the ballroom, "they'll get suspicious and then the press will make all sorts of rumours." She said.

I went to the buffet table, reaching for a cheese pick, when the lights went out.

A creepy cackle sounded through the room. I felt a hand across my neck and a syringe in my arm.

I blacked out.

A/N hey, once again, sorry for disappearing, so here are two updates in one day!!