Chapter 10

-

Just saying, I don't own pjo or the bats and justice league. Uncle Rick and DC does.

I plop into my chair before looking back at Bruce.

"Well?"

"Your suit is ready. After dinner, you will get ready with us, take a comm, and we'll go over a few ground rules."

"Sure." I say, getting up and cutting a bit of my meal into the fire.

They're used to it by now.

"Hades, Iris, Hermes." I mumble. I needed to thank Iris, and Hermes is the god of lies, so maybe if I ever end up in a sad situation, he'd help me lie my way out of it. And maybe he could help me find Percy.

Hades is dad, so duh.

"So, how was school today?", Tim asked me. The dinner talk was so normal that it almost made me cringe. Almost.

"Nothing much, we were doing some Roman mythology and Greek history. We learnt of the first Giant war in mythology, and the reign of king Minos in history. Im math we did basic stuff like the pythagorean theorem. And in English we started Julius Caesar. The play. And finally, in art-"

"You take art?" Bruce asked, surprised, not hearing of it before.

"Well, Ms. Diana does art, and I like it, so I asked her if she could teach me that as well." I shrugged.

"Right, so can you show us what you did?" Dick asked.

I became slightly guarded.

"Oh, I'm not done yet. It's a watercolor portrait of my sister..."

"Okay." Bruce said, feeling the tension rising.

The rest of dinner was silent. And awkward.

---

"Okay, Nico. Your suit." Bruce handed me a package.

It had a beautiful black and grey bodysuit with a skull on the front, and a bat symbol on the bicep area. I frowned. That wasn't in my drawing. It looked nice though, with a dark utility belt to match.

"Thanks." I say, happy with the results.

"Right." he puts on the cowl. He's an entire different person, "We'll be doing patrol. Dick, you're doing Crime Alley. I'm in the northern area of Gotham. Tim, stick with Nico and show him the ropes. You're doing the southern area. Your usual area"

"Yeah!" Tim exclaimed, before going all quiet and sombre like Bats.

"Use the comms."

"Sure." I offered, hoping the tech wouldn't attract any monsters. I was outside now. Things would be different- namely, monsters would be able to attack.

I quickly changed into my suit and checked out everything.

"It all fits." I said to Tim, making a thumbs up with my fingers.

"Of course it does. Batman had it made." He said matter of factly. I just rolled my eyes.

"Let's go!" Tim beckoned, before jumping out and using his grapple to swing to a building.

I followed.

"Not bad!"

"Whatever."

We went on what Tim calls daily rounds. Jumping around and making sure everything is okay.

We had stopped a rape case, and a small mugging. At least people know I exist now.

I felt a bit proud. For my first time as a vigilante, this wasn't too bad.

"Robin, Shadow, Nightwing, how is everything going?" Batman said through our comms,

"Good." I mutter in response.

"Good. What about you?" Nightwing asked,

"Small hiccup. Poison Ivy. I got her handled. Nightwing, you may need to come as backup though. Robin takes his spot. Shadow, Robin has shown you everything so far, do you think you can do your area alone?"

"Yeah, no prob, Bats." And with that, Tim nodded to me one last time then grappled away to wherever Dick was supposed to be- Crime Alley, I think.

I did two more rounds, before finishing up.

I was turning to grapple away when I heard it.

I should have known.

Another loud roar and a crash sounded from the opposite end of the street, met with a few shrill screams, and somebody crying out, "A bull rampage!"

And that's when I knew it.

The Minotaur came crashing down the road, growling when he saw me.

Oh. Shit.

A/N Sorry for the long wait! Hope this makes it up to you.