Marcellus

Caroline's POV
    We were in the theatre in New Orleans. Everything was messed up. Rebekah, and Elijah were staked up on the stage. Kol, Nik and I sped to the stage, and helped them up.

    Someone said, " Mom."

   I looked behind me and there was Marcellus, my son. I said, " Marcellus."

  A stake went through his stomach and he fell to the ground. I had tears and Mikael was standing there.

  I yelled, " NOOO!!"

  I was about to pounce on Mikael, but a hand caught my arm. I looked and it was Nik. He said, " Love, we have to go."

  I said, " Not without Marcellus."

  I looked back at Marcellus, and he was on the ground. Nik picked me up and put me over his shoulder.  I cried and hit Niks shoulder, as he sped out of the theatre, with Kol, Elijah and Rebekah following.

   We soon stopped outside of the theatre, only to watch it burn.

   Nik put me down, and I slapped him across the face.

   I said, " Nik. Why did you do that? We could've saved him!"

  Nik said, " I'm sorry, love. We couldn't have Mikael killing any of us."

   Elijah said, " We have to get going."

   We sped away from our city. The city were my son died.

We stopped at a farm in Tennessee, and killed the family living there. We went inside the farm, and the others went to check out the house.

  I stood there in front of Nik. I said, " We have been running from Mikael for a thousand years! The day we find happiness, he comes and kills it. Marcellus is dead! Our son is dead, Niklaus."

    He said, " I know, my love."

   He had tears on his cheeks, and he pulled me to him. He wrapped his arms around me as we both cried into each other's arms.

  We rescued Marcellus from his owner a hundred years ago. We took him in and raised him. Nik and I are his parents. I can't believe he is dead.

I woke up and took deep breaths. I keep having that same nightmare, ever since we came back to New Orleans. I felt Niks hand on my back, rubbing soothingly.

    He said, " Are you alright, love?"

   I said, " No. Ever since we came back, I keep having that same nightmare. Why did we come back? We were happy in Paris."

   He said, " A witch is the reason why we came back. We came back because they are plotting something against us."

  I nodded and he kissed my cheek. Nik and I have been together, ever since we were human.

    I said, " Nik, can't we just kill the witch, and leave. I can't bare to be here in this city, any longer. It keeps bringing back memories of Marcellus."

   He said, " They have something over us, I don't know what. We are going to find out today."

   I nodded, and I noticed it was morning. I pecked his lips, and got out of bed. I went over to the window, and looked over the backyard, of the plantation house. We rescued Marcellus towards the way back of the property. I sighed, and went into the closet.

I put on my blue skirt, with my black crop top, and my black heels. I definitely don't miss the corsets.

   I walked out of the closet and Nik wasn't in the room. I walked out of our room and went downstairs to the kitchen. I grabbed a blood bag out of the fridge and drank it.