Goodbye, My Sons

Caroline's POV
        It has been 2 months, and everything is okay. We still can't find a way to get the Mikaelsons to wake up. Bonnie decided to help us. Her and Bonnie have been held up in the study to find a way to wake them up, or find the witch that casted the spell. They did find a spell to put the Mikaelsons minds, into a Chambre De Chasse. They did the spell, and once I have the baby, I will be going there, too. I am 9 months pregnant, and feel like a whale. I am due anyway now.

     Kat, Marcellus, Stefan, Damon and Elena have kept me busy, by having me get ready for the baby. Anyway, I woke up, and put on my red maternity dress, with my red heels. I walked out of the room, and downstairs to the courtyard, well more like wobbled. The compelled person came over, and held his wrist out. I grabbed his wrist, and sank my teeth into his wrist. After a few minutes, I let go of his wrist, and he walked away.

   Bonnie came over to me, and said, " I never did ask, why do you drink from the vein when the other drink out of blood bags?"

   I said, " I couldn't keep blood bags down, and have to drink out of the vein."

  She said, " I didn't know."

   Kat was at the front door, and said, " Care, you coming?"

   I nodded, and walked over to her. We walked out of the house, and got in Kat's car. We drove to the shopping centre, and went to the baby store. We bought some things for the baby. We walked down the street, towards the car.

   I said, " We can't avoid it forever."

  Kat said, " Can't avoid what?"

    I said, " You know what. Once I have the baby, I'm not going to be here."

   She said, " Care, we can't think like that. We are going to find a solution."

   I said, " Kat, I'm due anyday now. We haven't found a solution."

  Kat said, " I am refusing to believe that there isn't a solution. I can't lose you, Care."

   We stopped walking, and I put my hands on her shoulders. I could see the tears welling up in her eyes. I said, " Kat, we are sisters, and have been Best Friends for 500 years. I have no doubt that yous will find a solution. We can't avoid it forever. Once I have the baby, I won't be here. I want you to take care of the baby, and Marcellus. Be the best Aunt. I want you to be happy. Make sure Stefan is happy, and not moping around without Bekah. Make sure Davina gets out, and has some fun. I love you, Kat."

   Kat said, " I will, Care. I love you."

    We both had tears coming down our cheeks. I hugged Kat.

   We wiped our tears, and walked to the car. We got in, and drove to the house. We arrived at the house, and Kat carried the bags into the nursery, that's in Mine and Nik's wing. I wanted to help carry some, but she told me no. We walked into the nursery, and put the things away, we bought. The nursery had pictures of Nik, Kol, Elijah, Davina, Stefan, Bekah, Kat, Marcellus, and I. Pairings that Nik painted were on the walls. The one of the New Orleans skyline, with the full moon is on the wall above the baby's crib.

    Kat soon left the nursery, and I sat down on the rocking chair. I smiled, and put my hand on my belly. The baby was kicking.

   Ten minutes later, Marcellus walked into the nursery, and said, " Hey, mom."

   It took a while, but I stood up. I said, " Marcellus. Come."

  We walked onto the balcony, and looked over the city. I said, " Your father and I may not be perfect, but we love you with all our hearts, Marcellus."

  He said, " You are perfect to me. I love you both."

  I said, " Your father and I made many enemies over the centuries, and many would want revenge, when they find out we are incapacitated. I have faith that yous will find a solution before then."

  Marcellus said, " Mom, why does this sound like a goodbye?"

  I looked at him, and said, " Cause it is. We already know what's going to happen, after I have the baby. I want you to be happy. I want you to travel, and see the world outside of this city. I want you to love. When you are done traveling, help your aunt Kat with your little brother, and make sure Davina and Stefan are happy."

  Marcellus said, " I will, mom."

   I smiled, and wiped his tears with my thumb. I felt my water break. I said, " My water broke."

   His expression changed from sad, to worried. I squeezed his shoulder as a contraction passed through me. After the pain passed, Marcellus put his shoulder back in place.

   I said, " I'm sorry, Marcellus."

  He said, " What do we do?"

   He started pacing the balcony, and I said, " Stop. Let's go to my room, and Get Kat."

He nodded, and helped me walk to my room. As we walked another contraction hit, and it soon passed. We went into the room, and I sat on the bed. Another contraction hit, and Marcellus was at my side, and I screamed.

     The pain passed, and everyone came rushing into the room. Kat said, " What happened?"

  I said, " My water broke."

   Davina said, " I thought we would've had more time. I'm sorry, Care."

  I said, " It's fine, Davina."

   She nodded. Kat was a midwife before, and said, " Bonnie, Elena get warm towels. Davina, and Marcel out of the room. Stefan and Damon get to Caroline's side, and try and calm her."

   Everyone did as told. Bonnie, and Elena soon came back with warm towels, and gave them to Kat. Bonnie left the room, and Elena stayed. Elena had took
multiple medical courses, when she was studying to become a doctor.

    A contraction hit, and I screamed. It kept going like that for the next four hours.

   Four hours later, the baby was born. Kat got him cleaned up, and handed him to me. I looked down at my son, and smiled. He has Nik's eyes, and my hair. Marcellus, Davina, and Bonnie soon came into the room. Marcellus came to my side, and I held his hand.

  I said, " Meet your baby brother, Henrik Elijah Mikaelson."

   Marcellus said, " He looks like you."

     I said, " I love you both. Goodbye, My sons."

  Everything soon went black.

    Kat's POV
      Caroline had passed out. Marcel took Henrik out of her arms, and held him. We all had tears on our cheeks. I said, " Let's get Caroline cleaned up, and put into her coffin. Marcel, Stefan, and Damon take care of Henrik, for a little bit."

   Stefan, Marcel, and Damon left the room, with Henrik. Us girls cleaned Caroline up, and I put her in her coffin, in the dungeon, next to Klaus's.

    I went upstairs to the nursery, and seen Stefan putting Henrik down in the crib. I said, " He looks like Caroline."

  Stefan said, " He does. I can see a bit of Klaus, in him around the eyes."

    I nodded, and he left the room. I sat down on the rocking chair, and watched Henrik sleep. I soon fell asleep.