Alone Time

Caroline's POV
          It has been a year, and everything is perfect. Henrik is a year and a half old. He is the most adorable son. Nik, and I spend all of our time, with Henrik, watching him grow. Rebekah and Stefan are planning their wedding, which is going to be in five months. Davina, and Kol are engaged.

   Anyway, I woke up, and Nik wasn't in bed. I got out of bed, and put on my blue dress with my black heels, and went to Henrik's nursery. When I walked in, he wasn't in his crib. I heard Henrik's giggles, coming from Nik's office. I opened the door, and Nik was bouncing Henrik on his knee, and doing some paperwork on his desk.

   I quietly left the room, and went downstairs to the kitchen. I grabbed a blood bag out of the fridge and drank it. Marcellus came into the kitchen and said, " Morning, Mom."

  I said, " Morning, Marcellus."

   He said, " Where's dad, and Henrik?"

   I said, " Your father and Henrik is up in his office. I was just about to go up, and take Henrik on a stroll in the city. Did you want to join us?"

  He smiled, and said, " I would love to."

   I heard footsteps from the courtyard. I sped to the courtyard, and there stood Jackson, the crescent alpha. I said, " Jackson. What are you doing here?"

   He said, " Klaus wanted to talk."

  Someone said, " Jackson."

   I turned around, and Nik was walking over to us, with Henrik in his arms. I said, " Why do you need to talk to Jackson?"

   Nik said, " I'll tell you later, my love."

    I said, " Alright. Henrik, Marcellus and I are going to take a walk around the city."

   He gave Henrik to me, and I held him on my hip. Nik kissed my cheek, and I walked over to the front door, where Marcellus was with Henrik's stroller.

    I put Henrik in his stroller, and we walked out of the house, and down the street. Marcellus insisted on pushing the stroller. We walked down the street, and I said, " So, when can I meet this girl you're seeing?"

   He said, " I don't think that would be a good idea."

  I said, " Why not? I'm your mother, I have a right to know who my son is dating."

    He said, " I know, Mom. It's just you will go all overprotective, and scare her away."

  I said, " You've been seeing her for six months, and she's a vampire. I think she will be fine."

  He sighed and said, " You might be able to meet her at Aunt Rebekah's, and Stefan's wedding."

    I said, " Great. I can't wait to meet her."

  He nodded, and we continued talking, and walking.

   Two hours later, we arrived back at the house. Everyone is in the courtyard, I picked Henrik out of the stroller, and went upstairs to his nursery, and changed his diaper. I headed back downstairs, and sat Henrik down, and he played with his toys. I sat beside Nik, and Kol joined Henrik on the ground. Sometimes it's like Kol is also a child.

     Henrik grabbed Kol's finger, and tried to bite it. Kol smirked, and said, " Seems like he is learning."

    We all laughed. I said, " So, Nik why were you meeting with Jackson, today?"

  He said, " It was about turning the crescents into hybrids."

  I said, " The only way you can turn hybrids is with Doppelgänger blood."