Part 12

NEW YEARS SPECIAL
(continuation of the last chapter Vacation)
enjoy ✨❤️

______________________________

December 31st
8:40 pm
Iceland

_____________________________

Roughly 3 hours away from the new year. The hotel provided a clear view of the New Years fireworks that would soon be shot up into the clear sky to mark the start of the year. We were currently seated at a simple restaurant for dinner as we caught up with each other and shared random stories from the past year. It would seem like too late but it was lunch time in Tokyo hence we were hungry. The food was delicious as it filled all our stomachs.

Before heading back to the hotel, we stopped by a convenient store and bought some light snacks for the count down. By the time we all got back and settled down in the edge of the mountain for the best view possible, it was already 11:30pm. "Time really flies by fast huh?" I thought aloud as our eyes trained on the light pollution that filled the sky to the north. "Yea it does. Especially if yer spendin' it with the people ya love." Osamu smiled as he slung an arm over my shoulder as pulled my closer. I, in turn, did the same as we sat in comfortable silence, allowing the soft ringing of car honks fill the thin air of the mountain.

BOOM BOOM BOOM

The fireworks exploded in a distance as an announcement of the nee year. In unison, we all shouted "HAPPY NEW YEAR" into the air as if someone else would have heard us. Osamu was cuddled up against Suna as they watched the fireworks in awe. Sakusa just simply allowed me to lean a head on his shoulder while a hesitant hand hovered over my waist pulling a small chuckle from my vocal chords making him frown slightly before placing his hand on my waist, softly pulling me closer. "Happy new year Omi." I looked up at him and smiled from my spot on his shoulder to meet his face about an inch away from mine. "Yea. Happy new year Tsumu'" he smiled back. Without even knowing it, I leaned up and pressed a soft kiss to his right cheek like I did with my mother. It only registered when I saw the flushed look on Sakusa's face, causing me to turn beet red. "I- um- oh my god- I'm so sorry Omi Omi. I didn't mean to do that and make you uncomfortable I swear!" I stuttered as Sakusa's face slowly morphed from one of shock to one that only displayed love. "It's fine Tsumu. Don't get worked up about it. Id be a liar if I said I didn't like it." He assured and suddenly I was at lost of words.

"Huh? Ya like me too, Omi?" My eyes widened in shock as my brain slowly processed every word that came out of his mouth, searching for any signed that it was meant as a joke but only to find none. "Have since high school but thanks for noticing." He laughed softly as he looked back at the ongoing fireworks show that was being displayed infront of all 4 of us. All thoughts in my head were wiped clean and replaced with those words.

Have since high school...

My jaw dropped slightly as my lips were slightly parted, eyes still staring at Sakusa. "Why did ya tell me?" I asked curioriously. "I didn't even know if you liked guys Tsumu. Plus you never gave me any signed that you liked me back." He said without turning to face me but even in the dim light, a blush was evident on his pale skin, painting it a soft pink. "I flirted with ya though." I replied, eyebrows furrowing slightly. "You're like that with everyone Atsumu. How would I know if it were platonic or romantic?" Sakusa explained as I chuckled lightly rubbing the back of my neck, a habit of mine that I did whenever I felt nervous. "Sorry. But at least now ya know." I turned back to face the sky that now shined with the golden-white lights that spelled "2021".

"Yea..." he mumbled.

"So does this mean we're datin now?" I asked him as we both stared at the numbers, the 2 others were long forgotten and immersed in they're own little world. "If you'd like." Sakusa replied, a hint of love lacing his words as the lights illuminated his features.

"Yea. That would be nice." I smiled.

Our fingers found each other and intertwined together as we found comfort in each other's warmth. I love you. Were the only words that we could think of as we sat in silence, bodies pressed together to keep warm as the light slowly fell, leaving the 2 pairs in the dark where they could only rely on each other.