10

Now

"The idea of everything being white doesn't sit well so I was also thinking we could still match it with another colour. Let's not leave it plain white"

Kiaria and I were discussing about the decorations for the upcoming party she had planned to throw for her parents. I had suggested the colour white though when she asked for my opinion "Yeah it shouldn't be just plain white. How about we combine it with Mom's favorite color then, lavender?" I bit out of my burger. She had also insisted we had something to eat before we proceeded with shopping.

"Of course. That would be lovely" She smiled but it quickly dissolved into frown. I took the napkin and wiped my hand before placing my hand over Kiara's on the table. "What's wrong?"

She shook her head slightly and discreetly wiped off a tear from her face trying to mask it with a smile "Nothing's wrong. It's just... it's just, this whole thing going on with mom. It's just so unfair, so devastating to see her that way and with me throwing a party amidst everything that's going on seems to me that Christian going against it was right. But...but I just want her to be happy but it seems I'm doing it all wrong"

"Don't see it that way. Like I told Christian yesterday. I believe mom needs this, we all do. What mom doesn't need is us moping around. Jason had said he would be here with his wife and you know how long he hasn't been around due to his line of work. Imagine having everyone in the same room, celebrating with your mom and dad." Jason was the oldest amongst the siblings.

"Thanks Dora, Christian is so lucky to have you. I feel the same way. You are so understanding and you made this a whole thing a lot easier for me. So Christian is on board right?"

"Totally" I nodded and smiled

"And so the cake, I have absolutely nothing to worry about as you are a master in that department as well"

I chuckled "I wouldn't exactly say master but you're right about not having to worry about that" Kiara had told me she wanted me to bake the cake for the event and I was more than willing to.

"You give yourself a little credit you know. Your cakes taste amazing Dora"

"Thanks" My mind quickly drifted to Mrs Martins who had taught me a lot about baking. That was where my love for baking started but remembering her meant remembering him.

I shook myself out of that thought and focus my attention on Kiara.

"How about adding being a baker to your resume. You'll make a great one."

I took a gulp out of my water after finishing my snack "I think I'll stick to just writing Kiara" I said smiling

"Okay. I'm done now, are you done?" She asked

"Yes I am"

"Then let's dive right into the agenda of he day. I just want to get everything ready to avoid last minute rush" She concluded as we both got up.

I wasn't the type for shopping, in fact I find it exhausting compared to Kiara but I was willing to help in anyway I can. It's also good I got to spend some time with my sister in-law though that wasn't quite often. She was also a good company.

In addition to that, I wanted to get Christian's parents a gift for their anniversary. I had difficulty thinking of what to get them most times. That was what happened when you have in-laws who were quite wealthy and probably have everything you could think of within their reach. I usually go for more thoughtful gifts and so far my gifts were always truly appreciated. I shouldn't be in a rush since the anniversary wasn't coming up till a couple of weeks time. I would have to come up with something before that time though.