14

Now

"Who is this?" Kathy inquired while looking at one of the picture frames of myself and Christian. It was one of the pictures we took at our wedding reception. He was seated looking breathtaking as usual and I had one of my arms slung around his chest while my head rested on his head, smiling wholeheartedly. I was truly elated. Nervous about what the future held, yes but I was truly happy.

"He is my husband" I replied while setting the table for her to have dinner.

"Ooooh you are married."

It was more of a statement than a question but I answered anyways. "Yes hon."

"He is so pretty too...but you are prettier." I laughed at her comment.

"Come on now. Come and have dinner" She walked up to the dining table and found herself a place to sit.

"Thank you miss" I placed the food directly in front of her and watched as she closed her eyes to say her prayers before munching on her food. She was just so adorable and so intelligent for a 6-year old girl.

"Amen" I repeated after her, after she rounded up her prayers.

"Aren't you going to eat?"

"I will later. Enjoy your meal, I will be in the living room if you need me. Hopefully Andrew will call or be here any moment from now, okay?"

She nodded.

I left her to get some work done on my laptop in the living room. I sighed looking at the time again. It was past 8, Andrew still has not called. I had to bring Kathy home after we waited for him and he didn't show up at the park. Since he had my address, I wouldn't want to miss him if he decided to show up at my place because he was not able to power up his phone to call me or he misplaced the paper I gave to him altogether.

I was considering every possibility.

Kathy woke up as soon as we entered the house, I had to fix something up for her to eat.

"This is so delicious miss" She said amidst chewing.

"Oh yeah thank you"

I was getting really worried now, imagine how their parents must be feeling if their children weren't home by now besides I needed to make sure everything was alright with Andrew.

With that thought constantly on my mind, I closed my laptop and turned my attention to Kathy "Hey Kathy do you know your house address?"

She nodded.

Oh thank God

"How about you finish up your food and I drive you home instead? Andrew isn't here yet and I'm sure your mom must be worried sick about you"

She shrugged "Mom is sleeping most of the time"

"What do you mean by that hon...?"

She shrugged again.

"I have to take you home, Andrew isn't here still, So finish up sweetie"

"Sometimes I stay late at Jamil's place when Drew has to work"

I remembered Jamil being Andrew's friend.

"Still, we have to go."

"Okay"

A few minutes later, Kathy and I were in my car chatting and driving towards her house. After she told me her house address I entered it into the GPS and here we are parked outside her house in a neighborhood that seems nice.