15

Now

At this moment the ceiling of my bedroom, if it were human would stare back at me warily with how much time I had spent gaping at it. First it was the window and now I had switched position to staring at the ceiling.

It had been over 30 minutes since I had my shower and laid on the bed hoping to eventually get some sleep to stop my mind from running so much. My mind kept twirling with so many thoughts that did nothing but drained me however, I couldn't bring myself to stop. I thought about my mom, my sister. I even thought about Kathy and her brother. What they would be up to now and if everything was alright with them.

I needed a distraction but couldn't exactly place my hand on what to do to while away time. As seconds passed, I ended up settling for a book that was placed on the nightstand. I was in the middle of finding my bookmark when in came Christian with my glass of juice in one hand while the other hand held a lollipop half eaten.

"You still up? I almost swore you would be asleep by now and I would be the one drinking this tonight. Why are you reading in the dark by the way?"

"Haven't been. Just about to"

He switched on the light illuminating the room and overshadowing the bedside lamps I had on. Those only gave the room a faint glow.

"Sorry I came in later than expected I was on the phone with Aiden" Christian explained while using one of his leg to close the door behind him.

"It's okay. I just couldn't sleep." I placed the book back on the nightstand.

"Why is that? Something on your mind?"

"Not exactly" I smoothed out the duvet covering my legs up to my waist level. then held out my right hand for the juice as he reached me and downed half of it. The half emptied glass took its place on the nightstand next to the book. I returned my gaze to Christian pulling off his sweatpants and sweatshirt now at the other end, close to our walk-in closet. I averted my gaze from his perfectly sculptured body. He did his fair share of physical fitness training. At least that helped burned the amount of sugar intake through his candies. He stepped inside the bathroom afterwards.

"I got you something" He announced, getting out from the bathroom.

"Yeah? What's that?"

"I was going to show you tomorrow but I could show it to you now since you're still awake if you're up for it?" He gave me his dimpled smile.

"Sure" I smiled back.

I watched as he came out from the closet with a box and sat himself on the bed next to me wearing only his boxer briefs. I hadn't noticed that in the closet. He placed the box on my lap.

"What's this Christian?" I looked up at him, my eyes filled with curiosity.

"You're about to find out baby" He grinned nodding towards the gift.

"Okay..." I slowly opened up the box and unwrapped the package, staring at me was a very beautiful dress "Christian..."

"I hope you like it?"

I brought the dress out completely, relishing at its beauty "It's gorgeous!"

"Aiden had sent me a picture of him earlier today, whining about how his wife had him go from one store to the other today dress shopping. This particular dress was at the background and I just pictured how you will accentuate its beauty. It would really look good on you"

I stopped admiring the dress, to appreciate the beautiful man sitting besides me. He never ceased to amaze me. He spoiled me at every chance he got and to think I was always in his thoughts has me elated. I hugged him and whispered my heartfelt gratitude "Thanks for all you do" It wasn't just for the things he got me, it's mostly for being him, for being there for me right from the moment I met him, his patience and affection towards me. I didn't take any for granted. I truly loved him, heavens knew that. I just wished I could do more for him, be more for him.