12

Then

"I'm busy now Stella. Please make this quick and tell me why you called" I said answering my roommate's phone call. A phone call with Stella means you get to here a lot of random stuff to no end.

"Hold your horses madam because you are about to receive a scolding from me. So you got yourself a boyfriend and you never deemed it fit to tell me. Your roommate. No! Scratch that your best friend..."

Boyfriend? What was she rambling about now?

"I don't have a boyfriend. Wherever it is you got that idea from?"

"No need to be all shady about it girl. You know what? I totally approve of him" She stated amidst squealing and laughing. Approve of a boyfriend I do not know I have.

"Stella..."

"You definitely got eyes girl, he's so handsome. Like a god or something and such a gentleman too. Anyways he's on his way to your place of work. I gave him the address when he came around to look for you"

It felt as if my eyes would bulge out with the way I widened them.

"What? Why would you do that? I don't even know this someone you're referring to" I sigh feeling frustrated already. I shoot a nervous smile to the other Lady working my shift with me when she looked at me warily.

"Oh, the deed is done girl, deal with it. And one last thing even if he isn't your boyfriend yet, I won't ever speak to you if you let him slip you by. Have fun girl" She giggled like a little child.

Seriously.

"But..." She hung up. Leave it to Stella to have you confused after rambling majority of the time.

What am i going to do with her?

She was probably sprouting nonsense. I did not know any guy. I shook my head and got back to my work in the library. One of my part time jobs.

"Hi" I lifted my head from the computer to see a customer addressing me. I stood surprised for a moment or two realizing who it was before finally forcing my mouth to say something so I would not come across as someone that is dumb.

"Umm...hello, it's you" Standing before me was the same guy that helped me that night. It has been a week since the incidence but still feels like yesterday.
Seeing him now, in broad daylight revealed every features of his I could not see clearly that night. I hardly even kept eye contact with him that night.

"Yeah it's me" That voice. He placed a hand on the counter in front of me "it's so good to see you again. I hope you don't mind my showing up here unannounced. I actually went to the place I dropped you off the last time and I was lucky to have met your roommate" So he was the guy Stella was talking about over the phone and must I say she was not exaggerating at all. He was beautiful, the way he talked and smiled at me was nice too. I was never the type to fan over a man but I give admiration whenever necessary to someone, even if I don't say it out loud. So yes, he is beautiful.

"She directed me here. So here I am. I apologize again for showing up unannounced. There was no other way I could have reached you"

I realized I stayed muted all this while. I needed to say something. Something, to not make me sound dumbstruck than I probably already do.

I averted my gaze away from him to the computer screen for a second, cleared my throat and focus my attention on him again.

Get it together Dora, I'm not usually like this. I was never like this.

How could I? I don't even meet up casually with people unless it is absolutely necessary.

"It.. it's fine actually. Thank you again for that..." I couldn't finish my sentence as a lump formed in my throat remembering what happened that night.