Chapter 8: Jealousy

Tiara's POV

It has been three weeks since that incident in the torture chamber. I played my cards very well. Alexander didn't do anything to break my rules during these weeks. I gave him the job of my secretary and I must admit he was good at it. He was truly born to become a ruler. He treated me with extreme respect but somehow I feel uneasy. I can't help but think it's calm before the storm.

Somehow it doesn't feel right. He is calm and tame most of the time but sometimes, just sometimes he looks at me with intense eyes when he thinks I don't see him.

Something is in his eyes. Something wild and I'm sure it isn't pure lust this time. It is something else and it terrifies me.

From the moment in that torture chamber, I understood something. One wrong move and he will crush me.
We are working at my office now. Alexander finished organizing the papers.

"Master, it's finished." He said.

"Ok come here."

He came to me and lower his head for me to pat. It is our routine, if he does well I praise him and pat him. He likes it so much but I can't tell why. He is a bloodthirsty monster but he is acting like a lap dog. A loyal one at that.

I was patting his head when someone knocked.

"Come in."

Frederick came in and started speaking, "Ma'am prince Johannes is here."

"Johannes came?" I almost jump from my sit. I feel so happy.

"Tell him that I'm coming."

"Yes, ma'am."

I turned to Alexander and said, "Go back to your chamber. We are finishing work early today. Good job."

He looked at me with suspicion in his eyes but didn't tell anything.

I went to my chamber to make myself presentable. I don't care about my appearance most of the time but with Johannes everything is different.
After applying some magenta to my cheeks I went downstairs.

"Johannes" I called him happily and threw myself in his arms.

"Tiara, my dear." He said and caressed my cheek.

"You didn't tell me you are going to come today." I told him pouting.

"Sorry, I wanted to surprise you dear."

I smile and said, "It's ok. Come and sit."
"I heard you bought Lubuty's prince." He said suddenly.

"So you are here to check on me." I told him with fake anger.

"How is he? I assume he is not an easy person."

"He obeys me just fine."

He was shocked.

"There is no way anyone could tame that beast. I saw him on the battlefield. Tiara, he is not a human, he is a monster. He slaughtered people like they were ants."

I shrugged my shoulders "Human or monster, I own him now, and trust me he knows it very well."

"Tiara..."

I cut him off, "Let's talk about something else. If you are here just for this then I will excuse myself.

"OK. Sorry dear, I didn't want to make you upset. I'm just worried. You know how much I love you."

I didn't say anything. Yes, I know. He told me that he loved me too many times since I was twelve years old and he was fourteen. In the whole kingdom, no one dares to call Johannes by his name even the king himself, but I am allowed to not only call him but to talk to him informally.

"Don't be upset anymore. I have a gift for you." He said and bring out a red box.

"Open it dear."

I opened the box and looked at it with awe. It was a beautiful pendant in the shape of a swan.

"Oh, my God. Johannes, it's so beautiful." I forgot that I was angry just one minute ago.

"Do you like it?" He asked.

"I love it." I said.

"You don't want to give me my prize?"

I smiled and kissed his lips. He grabbed my hair and deepened the kiss. He asked for access with his tongue and I granted it.

We were kissing when I saw a pair of dark blue eyes looking at us from the corner of the room.

I pushed Johannes away.

"Did I hurt you, dear?" He asked worriedly.

I looked at the corner again but didn't see anyone this time. I turned back to Johannes and said,"Of course not. I'm just a little tired today."

"You must rest dear I will come again another day and we can continue from where we were."

I smiled shyly at him and escorted him to the door.

"Bye, dear."

"Bye Johannes."

When he left I walked towards Alexander's chamber. If only I knew that was a stupid move maybe I wouldn't do it and I wouldn't regret it so much later.