Chapter 31: Peace

Alexander's POV

"Did you really plant all these flowers yourself?" I heard Tiara ask while we are strolling in the garden.

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"Didn't Arzhan tell you the reason?"

"He said something about feeling proud when you see me smile."

"It didn't go as I planned. Right?" I said sadly.

"No, it didn't."

I got more depressed by her confirmation despite knowing that I seriously fucked up before.

"But it's okay. We can start a new."

I thought that I heard wrong for a moment. She didn't just tell me that we can start again. Right?

"Are you serious right now?" I asked dumbfounded.

"Yep, I am. But as I said before it's your last chance. It's my last chance too so let's not ruin it."

"I won't. I will make you happy. I promise, love." I said and kissed the back of her hand.

"And thank you for freeing all of my people."

"I should have done that from the start. Sorry love."

"It's okay. How is the search for the spy going?" She asked.

I know she is worried about her people and mine. She is so righteous for her own good.

"I haven't found anything yet. It's really making me frustrated. Someone from within must be behind the information that leaked but I couldn't find any suspect. All the officials are loyal to me to their core." I explained.

"Someone from within ha? What if it's not someone from within? Maybe it's someone from outside the circle."

"No one from the outside knows about the palace secret passages... Wait. Maybe..."

"What?" She asked frustrated that I didn't continue.

"You are a genius, Tiara. My genius." I grabbed her head and kissed her forehead.

"Ha? What happened?"

"Nothing. Let me make sure and then I will tell you."

"Why don't you tell me now? I'm worried."

"I know love but it will just make you more worried so let me make sure first."

"Okay, but you must tell me soon." She whined.

"I will. Now let's head back. You healed recently. Walking for a long time is bad for your wound." I told her.

"But I like it here. It feels so serene and peaceful."

"I will take you here again. Don't overdo yourself."

I grabbed her hand gently and led her to our chamber.

"Rest. If you need anything just tell the maids and if you need me tell the guards to inform me. I will come to you immediately. You can't drink alcohol before you are completely healed so don't pressure the maids like last time."

I didn't tell her the fact that I was going to kill that maid before finding out she added an aphrodisiac. Since that aphrodisiac made Tiara sleep with me willingly for the first time I spared that maid and even rewarded her. Quite messed up.

"I won't but where are you going?"

"Court."

"I see." Her face turned sad.

I know she is not born to be just a docile queen.

"I know you are bored that's why you will attend the court with me after your recovery."

Her eyes widened with shock.

"Women can't attend the royal court."

"I'm the king. I make the rules. If I change some of those stupid old rules no one will oppose me."

"Are you serious?"

"Yes. I want you to rule beside me as my queen. I want you to rule in every sense of the word."

"Thank you." She said and throw herself in my embrace.

"Thank you so much, Alex. It means the world to me."

"I will let you have the real world if you want."

"The world needs so much responsibility. I just want peace right now."

"I will bring you peace, love. So much that you grow tired of it."

"I will wait and see." She pecked my cheek playfully.

"I really want to spread your legs right now." She blushed and I smirked.

I haven't touched her for two weeks now. I know she isn't ready, not yet. I don't want to ruin this. Ruin us. So I will wait as long as it takes for her to accept me.

I stroked her hair and went to the throne hall.

The tension in the hall made me uncomfortable.

I didn't tell her so she can heal in peace but the secret passages weren't the only thing that was leaked.
Our confidential information is leaking piece by piece.

I didn't have a suspect before this morning and what Tiara said but now I have. If what I think is true then I will kill that bastard very painfully. I will make him regret the day he was born for hurting my wife.

"Your Majesty. The situation is dire. Our military  information is in the enemy's hands."

"We will change all of our strategies." I announced.

"My king. It will be dangerous. If they attack during the change we will be doomed. It will take at least one year to change everything and we don't have prime minister Arzhan with us anymore." The prime minister said.

"Are you doubting your king's ability? Are you trying to tell us that we are nothing without a petty minister?"

"Of course not my king. It's just...

"Enough of this bullshit. We are more than enough for changing everything. We promise you that everything will be solved in just three months. Now, dismiss. We will tell you your duties in this, tomorrow. Get lost." I roared.

These idiots really are on my nerve. Why should I be here when I can just stay with my Tiara?

I went to our chamber but when I entered I heard Tiara throwing up in the bathroom.

I got worried. What is this?

"Love, what happened? Are you okay?"

"I don't know. I just felt nauseous all of a sudden."

"I will call a physician."

I ordered the guards to bring the imperial physician here. I'm worried sick.

"My king and queen, may Almighty God be with you."

The imperial physician entered the room and bowed.

"Enough of formality. Check on my queen. She was vomiting not long ago."

The physician didn't say anything. She just grabbed Tiara's hand and placed her hand on her wrist and checked her pulse. Like she already knows what is wrong with Tiara.

"Congratulations Your Majesty. The queen is pregnant."

My eyes wide opened and her words echoed in my head.

Pregnant. Pregnant.

My wife is pregnant. I'm going to be a father.

I hugged Tiara gently. She is still in shock.

"Thank you, love. Thank you for everything you gave me until now and for everything you will give me. I love you so much."