Chapter 22: Real Victim

Tiara's POV

My body shook uncontrollably.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I shouted at him.

No. No. It's wrong. He can not have these kinds of absurd feelings toward me. If Alexander finds out if he finds out all of us will be doomed. He won't show mercy on any of us.

"Don't be afraid. I will leave this palace and this kingdom after your coronation." He said calmly.

"You, you are leaving?" Why should he leave?

"I can't stay here. Alexander lost his trust in me. We can't work together anymore and besides, I already reached my goal. I have nothing to do here anymore."

"So you should just leave the palace. Why are you leaving Labuty? Don't you love your homeland? I don't understand." I asked. I don't want him to leave.

"Yes, I love here but I want to be free too. I want to break this obsession. I did everything I could for my homeland. There is nothing more I can do. I want to see the world. To be free. I wanted you to be with me but I'm no match for the king. Even if we elope he will find us. He will upside down the world just to find you. I'm not afraid of my life but if I take you with me when he finds you, he will be more than furious. I don't want you to bear more of his tortures." He said looking miserable.

"Then go. I wish you a good life. I hope you find your destined companion." I said genuinely and turned back to leave.

"Do you think that you are his destined companion?" He asked suddenly.

"I and Alexander are doomed to don't have something like that. Our relationship is just a web that neither of us can't run from. Maybe people think that as a king he can just end everything but from the start till now he was just a victim like me. We are both deranged. Don't you think so too?"

I said without turning back. I don't want him to see the effect his question had on me.

I continued to walk away without waiting for his answer. Walk away from the only good thing that happened to me since I came here. But it is for the best. I lost everything. I can't afford another loss. It's better not to gamble when I know that I will lose in the end.

I went back to my chamber. The moment I closed the door I fell on the floor. Sobbing hysterically.

Yes, the answer I gave Arzhan is the truth. All this time I blamed Alexander for everything but I am guilty as much as him. He destroyed my everything after he took back his power and I destroyed his identity when I was in power.

I told myself that I'm doing this to repay the kindness that man showed me. I told myself that I'm keeping Alexander so he can get himself together and then I will let him go. But it was all lies. I could let him go sooner. He was strong enough to fend for himself. I could have released him before he grow obsessed with me but I didn't.

I greedily wanted to see what is so special about him that he could have something I did everything for but couldn't receive. But, but he had it without any difficulties and he didn't even want it to begin with.

I was selfish. Greedy for something that wasn't mine from the start. Maybe I just wanted him to be below me. Maybe I just wanted to see his miserable appearance.

I knew that he was falling but I just ignore it. Even enjoying his fall. Enjoying that he was so dependent on me. I thought that I have put an invisible leash on him but I forgot that you can put a leash on an animal but you can never put a leash on a monster.

The tragedy happened because of me. My selfishness and greed backfired on me in the worst way possible.

Alexander was just a victim of mine. A victim who I destroyed. So what right do I really have to complain about my cruel fate?

Destined companion? Yes, I could have one but I destroyed it with my own hands. I wanted one thing but the result was that I lost everything in the end.

If I tell Alexander the truth, he will probably despise me to his bones. I would have told him to end our misery if it's not because of Frederick.

No, it's a lie too. He is just an excuse. It was like this even when we were children. He was always my excuse. An excuse to cover my cowardice.

I'm just afraid that my punishment became worse. That even after telling him he doesn't kill me and torture me more. That he makes me more miserable.

'Ahh, I'm such a pathetic excuse of a human being.' I thought to myself and fell asleep on the floor.

"Love. Love. Wake up."

I heard a familiar voice. I tried to open my eyes with difficulty. I saw him beside me.

"Alexander." I called.

"Why are you sleeping on the floor. You will catch a cold." He said with concern in his eyes and offered his hand for me to take.

But I didn't take his hand. I couldn't. I sat in a kneeling position.

"Sorry. I'm sorry. Please forgive me. I made a huge mistake. Sorry. Forgive me." I don't know what is happening to me. I just wanted to say that I'm sorry.

Suddenly my arm was grabbed painfully and he made me stand with a jerk.

"You are really something else. You change your colors so fast. Did you think if you show me a good play of begging you can get away with your coronation? You really are disgusting."

I looked at him and saw an expression that I've never seen on his face. Anger and hurt. Hurt? Right, hurt. It is so obvious that I couldn't ignore it. Why is it like this? Why am I hurting him more and more every day?

"It's not like that Ale..."

"Stop. Don't open your filthy mouth. I will send the maids to get you ready for the ceremony. For our fucking wedding." He said and stormed out of the room.

I'm tired. Nothing was in the right place.

'God, please tell me what should I do.'