Chapter 49: Sunshine

Tiara's POV

Headache was the first thing I felt after I woke up. I grabbed my forehead with a groan and tried to sit. When I did however I realized the environment of the room is completely unfamiliar. It's neither the chamber in the north of Alexander's palace nor it's my previous chamber. That's when everything came to my mind. Arzhan. That bastard dared to kidnap me but I can't understand why he has to go this far. Even if he wants the throne, why does it have to do with me? Alexander won't get weak just because I'm not there. If it was a stranger thinking that he had Alexander's weakness then it was normal but Arzhan should know by kidnapping me he will just get more violent to get me back.

I stopped thinking about it, it doesn't help me right now anyway. I tried but I failed to get up when I heard the voice I didn't want to hear at least for now.

"Is your head in pain?"

I looked at him sitting on the couch beside the wall. I didn't sense his presence before he talked and it was a surprise. My senses are usually strong. Just who is this man?

"Why....

I wanted to ask him why he kidnaped me but just that one word burned my throat, sending a thread of pain in there.

"Your throat hurts too, right? Sorry about that it should be the side effects of the drug. You can talk like normal in no time."

He talked while standing and pouring a glass of water and offering it to me.

I just looked at him warily, not accepting and not rejecting either.

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna drug you again. I actually didn't like treating you that way at all. You were unconscious for two days and I felt really awful." He said and scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. Is he telling the truth?

"Think about your child. You shouldn't go thirsty while you're pregnant."

When he said this I jerked, protecting my stomach with my hands. The drug didn't hurt my baby, right?

He saw my reaction and smiled. The bastard actually thought it was funny.

"What kind of monster do you see me as? Your child is healthy and will get even better in my care."

"Wh.....
Again, the pain came.

He glanced at the water in his hand and I took it with a shaking hand. I'm too weak right now to piss off this dangerous man.

I drank the water slowly, not taking my eyes off him even for a second. My throat felt a little better and the pain reduced.

"Good girl." He said and before I had time to dodge pat my head gently.

Gentle psychos always mean more pain in the end.

"What do you mean?" I said slowly while feeling a little discomfort.

He smiled, not talking for a few minutes. I wanted to ask again when he finally opened his mouth.

"Your stomach was stabbed by a sword."

The first thing that came to my mind was how does he know this.

"The assassins were sent by you." I muttered. I'm hurt. Even though we reached this stage I still considered Arzhan as someone important to me. He was there for me at my lowest. Arzhan was like sunshine to me.

"How could you?" I felt my tears fall.

He suddenly crouched in front of me and wiped my tears gently.

"I can never. They were going to bring you to me but that pig changed the order to kill you. I found out when it was too late. I swear to your life and there is nothing I hold dearer than that."