Chapter 41: Right Or Wrong

Alexander's POV

The feeling of dread that took over my body two days ago hasn't vanished yet. I feel someone tearing apart my heart bit by bit. Two days have passed since the day I found out the truth and ordered the guards to take Tiara to the royal chamber. I feel like dying. I didn't even sleep a blink since that day. I miss her like crazy already. From the moment we saw each other again after the war I didn't leave her even for a day and two days have already passed.

I know if I was a normal man such a short amount of time shouldn't have affected me this way but who am I kidding? I was never normal and Tiara is the object of my desire, obsession, and love. This short amount of time was like torture for me. I'm quite sure that if I was in the dungeon and someone was torturing me to death I wouldn't feel this kind of pain.

I miss her smell. I want to see her. I want to touch her. I want to feel her. I want to hug her. I want to kiss her. But I can't. Not now. I will hurt her. I can't control myself right now so she should be far away from me for now. If I see her I will unleash my demons on her.

Because despite wanting to treasure her right now I have other desires too. I want to hurt her. I want to hit her. I want to break her. I want to see her wither in pain. I want to leave my marks on her skin and I know if I go and see her I will definitely do that and no one will even try the slightest bit to stop me. I hate being the king for the first time, at least if we were a normal couple someone would try to save her when I go into crazy mode.

When I heard about our past from her, I didn't feel sad or confused about not being that bastard's son. I didn't even feel bad about not being the real prince or feel that I didn't deserve to be the king. My whole life was about plundering anyway. What's wrong with stealing the throne? If anything it just answered my questions about why I wasn't favored despite being the first son and the crown prince.

I don't care about those things, the only thing that I care about is the fact that Tiara knew me all this time but she didn't utter a word. Even when she first saw me in that slave auction there was no recognition or affection for me in those beautiful forest eyes of hers. It makes me mad. Why? Was our friendship insufficient in her opinion? Was I the only one that always wanted her by my side? Was the time we spent together that she told me about all forced? Did she never laugh at me genuinely even when we were kids?

These thoughts are driving me to the brink of madness. That's why I wanted her far away from me before I cut her legs and hands to make sure she will never leave.
But there is one more reason for my madness. Her feelings for that bastard of the king are unsettling for me. I know she didn't love him. I could sense she just had admiration, but love or admiration is no different to my possessive nature. It makes me feel buying me was never because of me. It was never because she liked something in me. It was never about me. Was it her way of revenge for the opportunity I took from her or was I just someone that made her feel better because I was near the king before?

In times like this, I truly hate the fact that I have no friends to talk to or take advice from because apparently, I'm not capable to decide what to do in these situations.

I came out of my chamber and wander around the palace without really having a destination in mind but before I knew it I was in front of a door that was heavily guarded by my men.

"Frederick's chamber." I muttered and opened the door without bothering to knock.

The moment I entered, a punch was directed at me, I grabbed it when it was some inches away from my face.

"You know, what you are doing right now will just take you to the gallows."

I looked at him. He seems worn out and tired. Oh, I forgot that I ordered the guards to don't give him water or food. It's good that I came here. If he died by some foolish mistake, Tiara would get extremely sad and angry. But I must admit his perseverance in the face of torture is admirable. Despite not having anything to drink or eat in two days, he is pretty much alive and kicking. Even when he was in the dungeon and was whipped and starved constantly, he just raised his head and looked at me like a proud son of a bitch.