Chapter 12: War

Five years later

Tiara's POV

I'm sitting in the garden under my favorite peach blossoms tree but unlike always, I'm not reading a book. I'm looking at my engagement ring. It is a beautiful shiny ring with lots of delicate works on it.

I don't know if I have the right to be happy when the whole kingdom is in chaos but I can't help it

I don't know if I have the right to be happy when the whole kingdom is in chaos but I can't help it. I'm going to be Johannes' wife for the rest of my life. It is like a dream.

We engaged two weeks ago. It was a simple ceremony. I insisted to keep it that way. We are at war with Labuty and I didn't want to give aristocrats a reason to neglect their duties. Most of them are corrupt already.

I don't know how or with what methods, but Alexander sat on the throne one year ago. He started a war with Scarlet kingdom immediately.
I don't care about him. I forgot him as I know he forgot me completely by now.

I'm worried about Johannes. A day after our engagement, he went to war.
I know he hated Alexander so much after what he did to me. I couldn't keep it a secret from him. He had the right to know. To my surprise, he said that he didn't care if I'm a virgin or not he will always love me. I was so happy then but when the war started I got worried. I was afraid that Johannes does something rash.
I can't bear it if anything happens to him. I just want this war to be over. After that, we can get married and live our life together happily.
At least it was what I thought at that moment.

Two years later

"Tiara, Tiara you must run away now The soldiers of Labuty are coming." Frederick shouted.

"So the capital finally fell." I said calmly.

"Don't be so relaxed. The king and most of the aristocrats had been killed. Please run. We will try to resist until you can go far away from here."

"You want me to leave all of you alone and run away. There is no way I can do it, besides aristocrats tried to run away too. Did they succeed? No. So there is no way I can run. I will fight beside you."

"Tiara.."

I cut him off, "My dear friend I prefer to die beside you to running away like a coward."

He noded.

'It's better this way by the way. Johannes is probably dead. I lost my dearest person. I must protect my friends and family now.'I thought.
I heard the voice of hooves.

"They are here." Fredrick said.
I took a sword.

"Thank you for all this time. I don't know what I would do without you." I said to Fredrick.

"Don't talk like we are going to die." He said.

I laughed, "We are going to die."

"Tsk. You fearless bastard." He hissed.

"Haha. Now that we are at the end of the road you are disrespecting me."

"Tiara you can still run away." He told me.

"It's too late." I looked at him and smiled.

"It was an honor working for you." He said.

Bang.

The front door flew. The soldiers of Labuty attacked the house.

I didn't know how many they were maybe fifty. We were just twenty except for servants.

We fought with all our might. I killed seven soldiers and Frederick killed ten. Our soldiers killed some of them too.
But we are outnumbered. I watched as they slaughtered my soldiers and servants and raped women. All the people that I considered my family except for Frederick were dead now. They didn't even spare children and easily killed them. But something was strange. Sure I was always good with swords but they didn't attack me, they just defended themselves. It was like they don't want to kill me. Just I and Frederick remained.

"Can we kill them?" One of the Labuty's soldiers asked.

"His majesty ordered to keep them alive." Another one answered.

They were talking like we weren't there. I don't understand what did they mean.

"Can we at least play with the woman?"

With that sentence, horror came to me.

'God, please. Anything but rape. Give me an honorable death.' I prayed.

"His majesty strictly said that we can not under any circumstances touch the woman." The soldier said.

"Tsk. Whatever."

He came towards me. Fredrick tried to defend me but the soldiers surrounded him.

A soldier tried to tie my hands with a robe when I moved my sword and injured his face.

"You bitch." He said and punched me in the stomach. I fell on the floor.

He sat on me and began tearing my clothes.

I screamed. Someone grabbed his clothes and pushed him away from me.

"You wanna die?" A soldier shouted at him.

"But look what she did to my face. She must learn a lesson." He said.

"Teach her a lesson when the king is finished with her." The other soldier said.

I was knocked out by one of them. I don't remember anything after that.