Chapter Seventeen

(HEY I THOUGHT ID GIVE YOU GUYS A TWO CHAPTER UPDATE I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS TWO CHAPTERS I APOLOGIZE IF ANY CHARACTERS WERE OOC IM TRYINGGGG)

I looked out the windows still feeling embarrassed from earlier.

"Practice didn't go so well I assume?", my mother says.

"No", I mumbles.

"At least your going to see Wakatoshi!", she says optimistic.

"Yeah", I can't help the smile that appears on my face.

I look out the windows at the buildings, people, and occasional dogs and cats. The speed of the car makes them all look blurry and the colors mix. I feel a my face warm up slightly at the thought of seeing Wakatoshi. I wondered if I should cheer for him. 'Was he excited to see me?' 'Would he want me to cheer for him?'

"You boys seem awfully close", my mom says. "It's good to have close friends especially a good one like Wakatoshi. Tell him I say good luck to his game!"

I feel my body go rigid. "Y-Yeah mom!", I exclaim, "s-sure will!"

I sigh and look back out the window. I feel my stomach drop a little at that. My mother stopped at a red light and I look out the window. I see a man with blonde hair and vaguely dark eyes. I than see another man with dark colored hair and vaguely dark eyes as well. I for a moment think they are friends but than I see them kiss. I feel a surge of heat go to my face. I feel a smile on my face. 'Wow it's so weird acknowledging there are other people like me. It makes me happy knowing I am not alone' I smile more and lean against the window.

"What's with the smile hun?~", she asks with a teasing tone, "see that Kiyoko girl?~"

I feel my face get redder and my stomach drop more. I had almost forgot about the lie I told my family. 'Wakatoshi is not going to like this...'

"Y-Yeah!", I lie.

"We'll bring her to dinner some time~", my mother suggests. My stomach sinks more. "But if she stays in your room I want the door open honey~"

My face heats up more and I look out the window. "Mommmmm", I fake whine. 'I feel nothing but platonic care for Kiyoko.. Yeah she is pretty, smart, and nice, but she's a girl...'

"You know the rules dear~", she giggles.
We pull up to a large school building. I look up in awe. I feel excitement build up immediately at the thought of Wakatoshi. "Hik-", my mom starts but I interrupt her.

"Okay bye mom!", I leave my bag in the car. I quickly close the door and wave goodbye. I run up to the front entrance of the school and text Wakatoshi.

Me: I'm here!

Toshi 💜: Oh? Where are you?

Me: I'm at the front entrance

Toshi 💜: Okay. I am coming to pick you up strawberry 🍓.

Me: OKAY IM SO EXCITED

I wait at the front and hear the opening of the doors and I immediately feel my face get a bit warm. I look up and see Wakatoshi towering over me. "Hello Hikaru", he says in a deep tone. I can't help but feel my face get even warmer.

"H-Hi Toshi!", I exclaim. I give him a smile and he immediately smiles back. I give him a hug and look up at him still smiling. I push down the jealousy and pain I feel. I honestly wish this could be me in this gym at nationals but it's not... I will support Wakatoshi regardless I care about him and want to see him succeed even if it hurts me deep down. "Can I meet your teammates?", I ask.

"I do not know if there will be enough time Strawberry, but I will introduce you to a friend I have made at Shiratorizawa", Toshi says.

"Okay!", I exclaim.