Chapter Seven

(THIS IS MY LONGEST CHAPTER EVER!!! ALMOST TWO THOUSAND WORDS I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!)
It was the final bell of the day. The first day of school felt so slow. I packed my bag and looked around the classroom for Daichi. I finally spot the boy and yell "Daichi!",I see him turn his head immediately, "do you know where the gym is!?"

"Yes!", he responds while walking toward me, "and stop yelling okay?"

"Okay", I say with a smile, "should we go look for Asahi?"

"Sure", Daichi says, "but what about Suga?"

"Who? Oh you mean that nosy bitch", I say salty.

I hear Daichi chuckle and he pats me on the back and say, "yeah, but he seems like a good guy so try and get along. He is joining the volleyball team so your gonna see him a lot more".

"Fine", I say, "but if he ever looks at me when I'm texting I will slap him".

Daichi considers what I just said and responds with, "okay that's fair".

"C'mon", I say grabbing my bag, "let's go find Asahi and what's-his-name".

Daichi playfully rolls his eyes and shows me where the gym is located.

We arrive at the gym and see Asahi and Suga standing outside of the door waiting for us. "It's starts in ten minutes", Suga says, "we have to wait here and the third years have to talk to us before we're allowed to change".

"Okay", Daichi and I say in synch.

I feel my phone vibrate and I see Wakatoshi is calling me.

"Sorry I gotta take this", I say.

"It's cool", Asahi says.

"I bet it's Wakatoshi~", I hear Suga day teasingly.

"Suga...", Daichi says threateningly, "his business is HIS business".

I stop listening and pick up and here Wakatoshi go, "hello".

"Hi Wakatoshi!", I say happily, "I'm starting my first day of volleyball at Karasuno! I'm excited! but I'm also nervous..."

"Don't be nervous!", says Wakatoshi quickly,"don't ever doubt your skills and if they can't realize how talented you are then it is there loss!"

"I-I uh-", I didn't have time to finish comprehending all the praise Wakatoshi gave me because he wasn't done.

"Listen right here!", I listen very throughly, "You are very good at volleyball and many things as well. You know your weaknesses and know how to improve them. It's one of the the things I lo- admire about you. You know other people's weaknesses and know how to help them as well. You work great in a team okay. I'd say wish you luck but you don't need it".

"Wakatoshi...", I feel my heart pound in my chest. I feel the warm tears stream down my face. I feel my smile reach the corners of my face.

"Yes Hikaru", he says softly.

"I will kick your ass one day!", I say confidently.

I hear him chuckle over the phone, "we will see strawberry~, we will see".

"I gotta go now", I say still smiling wide, " bye bye Toshi~".

"Bye Hikaru", he says softly.

I hang up and look at the sky and feel invincible. But then my eyes go wide and I realize something. Did he almost say "it's one of the reasons I love you"? This is the second time I've though I've heard him says this, but does he love me. I start to look down but make eye contact with hazel eyes, and a sly smirk. "Just friends huh?", he says slyly.