Chapter Three

(SORRY THIS IS NOT VERY GOOD I REALLY TRIED ALSO USHIWAKA MAY BE A BIT OOC {out of character} AND IF SO I APOLOGIZE)

Wakatoshi and I had planned on going to Shiratorizawa together. After playing with him on the same court for all of middle school I realized how far ahead he was. He was a star spiker, his serves were strong, and his recurved were great. My serves were the only thing I did that was above average. No matter what praise Wakatoshi gave me it wasn't enough, I just couldn't except it! Not till I catch up to him. Not till I can prove my worth without him on the court. Not till I finally beat him. The day I beat him will be the day I will be worthy enough to stand by his side.

I had promised Wakatoshi I would take the Shiratorizawa exams with him, but I never promised I would pass. I purposely failed my exams and made sure I wouldn't get accepted. I then took the Karasuno high school exams. I feel horrible for not telling Wakatoshi, but he would never allow me take the exams. Besides I heard many rumors of this school's coachand knew if anyone could make me a better player it would be him.
——————————-TIME-SKIP———————————
It's been a couple of weeks since I took the Shiratorizawa and Karasuno exams. Wakatoshi and I had brought the envelopes containing whether or not we would be getting into Shiratorizawa. We sat down on my bed and started to open the envelopes. I wasn't surprised when I got a letter saying I didn't get in to Shiratorizawa but Wakatoshi definitely was.

"What do you mean your not going to Shiratorizawa High School!",Wakatoshi yelled.

"I didn't make it in. I guess I failed the exams, and I tried on those exams too. There's nothing I can do about it though I'm sorry", I said looking down.

Wakatoshi went up to me and tilted my chin up and made me look him in the eye. "I know your lying. Why do you have to lie to me?"

I looked into his dark olive brown eyes. I wanted to go with him to Shiratorizawa. I wanted to stay by his side forever and never leave, but I knew that wasn't possible. My time playing on the same team as him in middle school made me realize that I need to improve,and I needed to do it alone. It pained me to think about leaving his side. I felt my eyes start to water, and yanked my face away from Wakatoshi. I felt the hot tears steam down my face as I turned away from him. I felt strong hands wrap around my waist from behind.

"I'm sorry. I know you lied but it must be for very personal reasons. I understand you are not ready to tell me Hikaru, and that is fine", he puts his hand through my red hair, "just want you to know that your potential is wasted", he continued, "you are really good at volleyball and I am gonna miss you by my side. But I think beating you on a volleyball court will be very enjoyable".

He wipes away my tears and I turn around to face. I calm down and start smiling, "Who says I'm gonna be the one losing?" I see Wakatoshi start to smirk. He takes me into a tight hug to the point where I can barely breathe. "W-wakatoshi I-I oxygen" I wheezing out.

"Remember",he pulls away and puts his forehead to mine,"no one means more to me than you. Got it strawberry?"

I felt my my face really warm, "G-got it Wakatoshi. And-and you remember that-THAT IM GONNA KICK YOUR ASS WAKATOSHI! JUST YOU WAIT!"

Wakatoshi got a surprised look on his face then proceeded to smile. "That's my strawberry", he got all serious again,"Your talent may be wasted at whatever school you choose to go to, but it's your choice and I unfortunately cannot change that. Just know that whatever happens", he gets up in my face, "I will beat you."

I get my face even closer to his, and feel his breathe on my face. "We will just have to wait and see", I state.

"I guess that's all we can do", he says back. I suddenly realize how close we are and my face heats up again and I jump back. "So", he says awkwardly, "what school did you apply to."

"K-Karasuno", I say, my face still warm. "I guess it's crows versus eagles"

"Makes sense your a crow because you are pretty smal-", I cut Wakatoshi off by grabbing my pillow and hit him in the face.

"Shut up!",I yell at him, "it's not my fault I haven't grown a lot! Even if I am short, no matter what I'll get better and beat you!" I exclaim as I keep hitting him with my pillow.

"I'm just telling you the truth", he retorts while still being hit by me, with my pillow.

I stop hitting him for a moment when I hear my mom yell "Wakatoshi your mom is coming to pick you up in five minutes!"

"I should start getting ready to-", he gets interrupted by me.

"Wait!", I grab his hand, "let's pinky promise", I lift out my pinky, "that even though we will be on opposing teams, we will never forget each other abd still be there for each other."

Wakatoshi looks at me and brings his larger pinky to my own. We pinky promise and he goes "Hikaru nobody will ever mean more to me than you and not even brain damage could make me forget you. You call and I come running."

He stares into my sky blue eyes, and I stare back into his beautiful dark eyes. This continues for a couple of minutes till my mom yells "Wakatoshi! Your mother is here!"

His eyes get wide and he starts racing to get all his things in order. He gets ready to run out of my room but quickly gives me a hug as gives me a smile as I look up at him.

"Goodbye", he starts, "I'll see you on the volleyball court."

"Yeah", I say and smile back.

He then walks out the door but I knew  it wouldn't be the last time I see him.